Oban-Fort William cycle paths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
There are a few threads on this but I just wanted to check what Strava is showing me on the route planner. At some points it takes me off road and onto what are presumably cycle paths, but I know from experience that these can be a hindrance if you're looking to make progress and are comfortable riding with vehicles.

So on this route, how are these paths: https://www.strava.com/routes/2735806624784814088

* from North Connel to Benderloch
* from just before Barcaldine to the bridge
* from just after the bridge to the road opposite Shuna island
* the path that goes through Achindarroch Touring Park and all the way to North Ballachulish
* from Corran to Fort William (Strava reckons this isn't paved, does that mean there is a path next to the main road? I'm on a timetable so won't be able to get the ferry across the loch and back again)

HelenD123

Guru
I don't remember there being a path of any sort from Corran to Fort William. Can you check on Google maps? The road is busy and not very wide with fast flowing traffic in both directions. The cycle paths south of Corran were well paved. It's a minor road going through the touring park and was fine to ride. From memory there was a very short gravelly section. The cycle path is usually close to the road so you could decide which to take depending on traffic.

Top Bottom