Obree Wind Tunnel Video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Well worth a watch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9H0INZ2_s&feature=youtu.be

Athlete or Genius? Graeme Obree shot to fame in the early 90s after twice breaking the world hour record on a bike he'd built using parts from an old washing machine. The debate has never been settled on whether the success of this mercurial Scottish cyclist came from his cycling position or his athleticism. Until now. Endura brings Obree to the wind tunnel and tests the real advantage or otherwise of his crouch and superman positions, which were subsequently banned by the UCI.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Looks interesting!

I'm just off to bed and I'll come back to this in the morning...

I totally agree with Tail End Charlie .

I got a bit side tracked after the video after noticing a clip about "The Boy With an Amazing Brain " . I can remember seeing it the first time on the TV.

Enjoyed that. Mildly distracted by the fact that my brain kept asking me why I was watching Jean-Luc Picard on a bike...
:smile:

Slick

Guru
I watched this when it was first aired. I'm not sure it needed clarifying, but it did confirm that the guy was a genius without a doubt. He was also battling a number of demons and probably still is. For an alternative view, his wife's book is a gripping read.

Still a legend though.

Soltydog

Legendary Member

I'm not a big reader, but I'll be buying that to read next. Currently reading the Obree Way, a lot of the training is race specific, but I'm finding it a good interesting read & like a lot of what Graeme says.
Just watched the video & the guy is amazing, dont want to spoil the video for anyway, but imagine what he could have achieved with serious commercial backing, both in design & ability.

Slick

Guru
I'm not a big reader, but I'll be buying that to read next. Currently reading the Obree Way, a lot of the training is race specific, but I'm finding it a good interesting read & like a lot of what Graeme says.
Just watched the video & the guy is amazing, dont want to spoil the video for anyway, but imagine what he could have achieved with serious commercial backing, both in design & ability.

Enjoy the book, it's a bit different hearing the same stories from another perspective.
I think they touched on that subject in the documentary Battle Mountain which is on you tube in its entirety. The clip below is just a taster.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SqGBsE4Jm1g

Top Bottom