Obscure jobs you'd never thought about ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elysian_Roads

A job when you've retired? :eek:
If I need a top up on the pension, or wanted to break up the non-working week, I would consider it. Sadly a few years off that choice yet...

TVC

Opening crisp packets.

As a student I worked the summers at Walkers. When the bags are filled they are weighed and any that are underweight or have not sealed properly are rejected and taken to the waste table where they are opened by hand and the crisps returned to the conveyor.

classic33

Leg End Member
There’s a few of them where I work :angry:
Blockages?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Counting sheep.

my friend's aunt worked for DEFRA and one her roles was counting sheep. Farmers would declare how many sheep they had on their land but in order to get increased subsidies, they'd borrow sheep from other farmers to make their flock look bigger than it was... she'd go round and count the sheep in various fields to check if her tally match the declared number. Livestock loaning is apparently quite common in the world of subsidised farming.

Julia9054

Guru
In the days before bar codes, I worked for Edenvale pricing up yoghurts with a price gun. Arrive at supermarket early doors, unpack yogurts, put in fridge cabinet, price gun. That's it.
Except that your fingers got so freezing you couldn't feel them so you used to get little cuts from the metal lids without noticing so lots of yoghurts got sold with little bits of blood on them! Ewwww!

Top Bottom