OCD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Obsessive-compulsive disorder.
I've getting a bit OCDish recently. I can't abide things being 'out of true', ie pictures have to be exactly level. Place mats in the dining table have to be square and equidistant from the edge of the table. Ornaments, router, pens on the work surfaces etc. have to be in the correct position.
I've not got as bad as straightening the labels of the tins of soup in the pantry, yet, though, so there is hope for me!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There's also something called Anankastic personality disorder/OCPD which is far more like what many describe as obsessive-compulsive disorder. It doesn't tend to get much focus as people are far more interested in other ones.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
@Cycleops possibly, but I'm not excessively tidy in general, just that things have to be straight and central.

Sharky

Guru
When you have to touch every gate, railing and brick wall on the way to the local shop.
When you have to touch shadows continuously throughout the day.
When you will only wear black clothing for the last twenty years
When you want the same CD's and DVD's played every day, continuously and then don't even stay in the room they are being played in.
When you want CD's, DVD's, TV and radio on all at the same time
When you ask to go to the same town every day, get driven 20 miles and then refuse to get out of the car.
When you get evicted from your last care home because the carers could not cope with these behaviours.

I suspect our daughter has OCD

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's not OCD but I've noticed that since GtiJunior has been living in digs in that London with three other young lads he's beginning to notice their slovenly habits. The same happened to me when I got my own place, I started to become house-proud.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
@Cycleops possibly, but I'm not excessively tidy in general, just that things have to be straight and central.
I was never very tidy in my youth but I'm finding as I get older untideyness is more annoying especially amoungst others. I also like things straight and even put the chairs up to the dining table before going to bed.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have some OCD and that's part of the ADHD package for me. It's checking that everything's OK and that the door's locked before leaving the house. Take about 10 mins. :rolleyes:
People might think that you are joking and I probably would have done too, until I arranged to go for a bike ride with someone from the next street from me. He turned up 10 minutes late. I knew that he had OCD with regard to locking his front door so I asked if he had checked that it was locked - yes. Did he check that he had checked it properly - yes. Did he then check that the checking of the checking had been done properly - yes!

We went to set off past the end of his street but he suddenly turned right, saying that he wanted to recheck that he had locked his door!!! When he started on the checking of the checking of the checking thing I rode off and left him.

He knew which way I was going and I rode slowly so he was eventually able to catch up but within a quarter of an hour he was fretting about his front door again! :wacko:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Nobody is perfect, we all have our little habits but everything has to be labelled by doctors/authorities nowadays so we all suffer from something. My wife could name a few with me but I disagree with her.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Top Bottom