Octopus Energy, any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone with them?
One of their selling points appears to be not keeping you hanging on to call centres.
Which they seem to achieve by strongly discouraging calls, ie, do everything online.

So any views/impressions?

Dave7

Legendary Member
No views but I will be very interested in the response.
I am ready to change supplier and "Octopus" approached me while in M&S. They stress the use of renewable energy eg windfarms.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
No views but I will be very interested in the response.
I am ready to change supplier and "Octopus" approached me while in M&S. They stress the use of renewable energy eg windfarms.
I applied for a quote yesterday. This morning got a mail saying an extra £25 in my account if I say yes in next 5 hours, now 4.

Tommy2

Über Member
Lady rang me out of the blue last night from Octopus, I politely declined a quote (numerous times) she eventually hung up after a long silence (I could hear she was still there but she didn’t know what to do next) without so much as an ‘ok, thank you, good bye’.
Strange lady.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Well which reports on energy companies show the split in terms of renewable, coal, nuclear etc.

Am inclined to go with octopus.

Which seems to rate them, they can't be worse than npower, and, important for me, there are no exit charges. Some of the exit charges from some companies are just bonkers.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've just switched to Octopus this month. The lights all work and they are the same brightness they were before so no difference except they were the cheapest I could find. Mine did get a bit complicated because I had started the switch from Extra Energy just before they went bust and I was automatically transferred to Scottish Power for a while. I was in credit with EE and Scottish Power (Who are a pain in the arse to deal with) have said it may take months before they return the money owed to me.

D

Deleted member 26715

Didn't know EE had gone bust, I was with them last year now with Breeze, logically as your feed into your house is the same no matter what supplier you have as said the electrons you're using could have been produced by any method, the only thing you are doing by going with a 'green' company is supporting who they buy their electric from. This has reminded me that it looks like I need to start looking for a new supplier as my 12 months will be up next month.

midlife

Guru
Didn't know EE had gone bust, I was with them last year now with Breeze, logically as your feed into your house is the same no matter what supplier you have as said the electrons you're using could have been produced by any method, the only thing you are doing by going with a 'green' company is supporting who they buy their electric from. This has reminded me that it looks like I need to start looking for a new supplier as my 12 months will be up next month.

Seven energy firms have gone bust this year apparently

https://www.moneywise.co.uk/news/20...ecomes-seventh-energy-company-to-go-bust-year

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Like the poster above, I'm with them and my lights work fine. Bills bit lower than my previous supplier (Scottish power). Have to update meter readings periodically.

Get good reviews from Which and other Consumer champions.

Top Bottom