Octopus Energy, any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Now with an outfit called Flow energy who seem fine (for now, but I have no great expectations of any utility companies).
I was with Flow a couple of years ago, only problem I had with them was their final statement was very confusing.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I’m one of 3 executors to my mums estate. My brother has just been dealing with Octopus this week and he says that they’ve been really good . Very thorough, clear and concise communication.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Just curious but can energy companies selectivity buy electricity from wndfarms etc.?

Yes they can.. Or at least commit to only purchase from eco suppliers.

We've been with Good Energy for over twenty years.. 100% renewable, and they reinvest, and invest in green energy generation.
Slightly more pricey.. But someone's got to put their money where their mouth is.

Otherwise v good service.

I've noticed their electricity tends to give a distinct whiff of cumin to the houses that use their power.

But beyond that, appliances seem to function perfectly well with it..

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Well I've made the switch - will happen in the New Year. Will be a few months before I can offer any opinion on them.

Their pricing does seem very straightforward. Since there are no cancellation fees (what a rip off they are) they might be a good place for folk to park themselves when one of their fixed deals runs out.

D

Deleted member 26715

Their pricing does seem very straightforward. Since there are no cancellation fees (what a rip off they are) they might be a good place for folk to park themselves when one of their fixed deals runs out.
Just been looking mine runs out on 15th Feb, so should hear from Breeze next month I should think, so will keep Octopus in mind.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just had an email from Breeze about our tariff which is due to change with them they say on 19th February

Existing
Electric 18.69p per day, 11.34p per kWh
Gas 18.90p per day, 2.8455p per kWh

New
Electric 27.825p per day, 14.595p per kWh
Gas 27.825p per day, 3.465p per kWh

That seems a big jump to me I'll be looking very closely next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom