Odd/bizarre FB suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't like it, never have, use it as little as possible but I recently asked it to suggest groups it thought i might want to join.
I thought it a good way of monitoring what the devilish thing thought it knew about me.
It's latest suggestion
the Dunmow majorettes
Anyone else had any odd suggestions?
Then there's the continuous suggestions of folk I might like to friend.
They tend to be completely off the wall, or folk I knew long long ago I have no wish to see again.
Guess I must be doing something right.
So, odd suggestions fired at you?
Real ones.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
A Yorkshire ‘Swingers Club’ was suggested to me! I mean I used to build swings in local woods with old rope and car tyres but I was a kid, I’m far too old now!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not just FB. Got an email from Ticketmaster this week. Having bought a ticket for Lindemann (Rammstein side project, so firmly in the box marked hard rock/metal), they thought I might be interested in seeing 'Hamilton', Jack Whitehall's stand up tour, and buying the album by FKA Twigs. Nope, something wrong there…

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm on Facebook and rarely get suggestions, if I do I ignore them, most of my facebook friend's are either friends in real life or family. If I get a friend request it normally gets ignored unless its from a friend, a friend of a friend or a member of the family.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Lucky you dave.
A couple of my regular friend suggestions are from folk I do know in passing who I consider to be twats.

For I while I received friend suggestions relating to someone I knew to be dead.

So its algorithims are clearly not as clever as they might be thought to v0be.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm on Facebook and rarely get suggestions, if I do I ignore them, most of my facebook friend's are either friends in real life or family. If I get a friend request it normally gets ignored unless its from a friend, a friend of a friend or a member of the family.

But the trouble with that is its nearly always from a hacked account.
You then unwittingly download whatever the scammer wants on your device:sad:

I disconnected the nasty intrusive thing.. I dont miss it:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

But the trouble with that is its nearly always from a hacked account.
You then unwittingly download whatever the scammer wants on your device:sad:

I disconnected the nasty intrusive thing.. I dont miss it:smile:

Is it? if it is a scammer they are wasting their time, I'm not on a windows PC and in the unlikely event that something does get downloaded it wont work.

Venod

Eh up
FB is very much like Strava for me I could manage quite easily without either, but they do have uses, the groups in Facebook are very good (no doubt there is some bad ones) and Strava stats are usefull) I ditched Strava for a while, and on rejoinig I have limited to who I follow and who follows me to one, my son,
I have also pruned my Facebook friends, to include only relatives and people I actualy know, plus I have had to turn off notifications from some friends who seem to have turned right wing since the Brexit vote.
I haven't had any unusual groups suggested, but one or two very attractive women have offered to be my friend, "I made my excuses and left" as they used to say in the NOTW.

Top Bottom