Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Three hundred years of human history – about 614 to 911 – never even happened.

..its coz it was dark innit, and back then there was no leccy, and if its too dark to tell the time or date its easy to lose track. I guess its like Strava, if it aint recorded it never happened^_^

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Santa (as we know him today) is a representation by the Coca-Cola company, and would have looked completely different, if the inventor had been able to procure barrels painted another colour - other than red.

jefmcg

Guru
During the dark ages the war lords demanded that their enemies wear hiviz the easier to see and kill. Their enemies realising it had yet to be invented gave them the two finger salute in reply.
This very much predates the dark ages, and surely qualifies as hi-viz

yhst-87491460501412_2269_121603468.jpg

Hiding on the battle field was long regarded as cowardice.

also

957648272d8c1996de6865bf6171fba0--hard-ware-zulu.jpg

ClichéGuevara

Legendary Member
Santa (as we know him today) is a representation by the Coca-Cola company, and would have looked completely different, if the inventor had been able to procure barrels painted another colour - other than red.

Both Santa and Fire Engines are red, because red molecules are smaller, and thus create less friction which helps them travel faster.

jefmcg

Guru
That's a myth distributed by the PR department of Coke each Christmas, and happily reproduced by reporters so thy can finish up their daily column inches quota and get to the pub.

https://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/santa/cocacola.asp

Threevok

jefmcg

Guru
Sorry, I did not know that all facts here had to be accurate.

God no! I am liking the fake ones as much as the real ones. - and as I admitted up thread, I googled "teat owl".

But I like to nip this particular one in the bud, as it has way too much traction in the popular imagination and I do not like or understand how this brown flavoured sugar water has gained so much cultural real estate.

Threevok

God no! I am liking the fake ones as much as the real ones. - and as I admitted up thread, I googled "teat owl".

But I like to nip this particular one in the bud, as it has way too much traction in the popular imagination and I do not like or understand how this brown flavoured sugar water has gained so much cultural real estate.

Thank goodness for that. For a moment, I thought I had to get some real facts :laugh:

Top Bottom