Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Sadly Brian Leeds Bradford never made it to receive the public recognition he so richly deserved.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bradford is a strange town. The water of the Bradford Beck wad used to make Becks beer, a local favourite. One unfortunate side effect is that chemical waste within the beer turned its drinkers a bit strange, and after a while the began to prefer the company of men, if you catch my drift. After a while these men became known as Bradfords, and eventually 'Brad' became a very popular name among those with that particular preference.

Men that lived near the river Quentin and the river Dominic were similarly affected.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Carl's Berg was the name of an iceberg that floated down the River Nene during the Great Freeze of 1876.
To commemorate this event, a lager brewing site was built next to the place where the berg finally melted.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Stella Artois was a 19th century con artist who used to sell glasses of her own piss to make ends meet. It was said to taste better than Carlsberg and soon became a firm favourite in the back streets of Paris.

Drago

Legendary Member
Stella Street was Stella Artois' ill fated attempt to create a rival soap to Coronation Street. Sadly a very low budget meant all the characters had to be played by Stella and her friend Arthur Guinness.

Nevertheless, Guinness' acting was praised and after changing his name to Alec went on to star on stage and screen.

bruce1530

Guru
Alec Guinness's real name was Arthur Fartysniffer. However, when he tried to become an actor, he found that there was already a performer with that name, so Equity rules required him to change his name.

He met the Equity agent in the "Star and Luvvie", a well known watering hole next door to the Old Vic. The Equity agent asked him to pick a new name at the same time as the barman asked him which beer he wanted. His response of "I Like Guinness" was misinterpreted by the equity agent.

Top Bottom