Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Yeah but most people think of the Anthony and Cleopatra one. Who died around 30 bc.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A cow can't walk downstairs............or is it upstairs?

It can certainly go upstairs.

I remember this because of the amusing case in Inverness in the '50s when a cow escaped from an auction and ran down the street before climbing a set of stairs leading above a shop. Unfortunately the cow fell through into the shop below, knocking on a tap in the process and flooding it whilst it ran amok. (I've forgotten the name of the case.)

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There is a physiological disorder called "Boanthropy" where the sufferer believes they are a cow.

The rest of this comment has been removed at the request of the Mods

Not sure why - either some cow complained, or my mother-in-law reads this forum

Last edited:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
ABBA's chart topping pop parade hit Super Trooper is the only ABBA song to feature the words 'super' and 'trooper' in the title.
The words 'super' and 'trooper' also feature in the chorus.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
There's more than one c#*# in Scunthorpe.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Third Party Only insurance often costs more than Third Party, Fire and Theft because people who have Third Party Only insurance are more likely to have an accident.

bruce1530

Guru
Third Party Only insurance often costs more than Third Party, Fire and Theft because people who have Third Party Only insurance are more likely to have an accident.

People rarely make successful claims against a Third Party, Fire and Theft policy, as they only cover you if your car is stolen by someone else while it is actually on fire. What you really want is a "Third Party, Fire OR Theft” policy.

Top Bottom