Odd Family Members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Rigid Raider said:
My family is bloody wierd - we've got a couple of those CYCLISTS!

According to my family I'm the weird one for that reason alone. I have always been the outsider. Even my parents treated me that way. Which is nice.

wafflycat

Rigid Raider said:
My family is bloody wierd - we've got a couple of those CYCLISTS!

Husband, self & son are cyclists... we're obviously the local crazies: not NFN ;)

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
redcogs said:

Apparently so. Never met him though and he probably has no idea who I am and wouldn't care if he did.

Incidentally my brother also has the idea that we should be a 'better family'... which tends to be when he's drunk. :sad:

Like many here my parents are also from working and lower middle-class backgrounds which they've worked very hard to erase. They are now fully-paid-up members of the Telegraph reading home counties country village set... However thanks to my wife I get on better with them than ever, they have been fantastic over all the trouble that we've had getting to where we are now.

Gawd, faaaahhhmbly......:sad:

I avoid mine as much as possible. I'm very fond of my parents, provided I can keep them at arms length, but the rest are just people that I happen to be related to. This does not please my parents, who would love me to play happy faaaaahhhmblies, but I'm useless at going through the motions.

As for education and class etc. Well, my lot are stolidly working class and very, very dull. Father and his siblings have all done the 'hardworking, dragged myself up to middle management/small business proprietor by my bootstraps' thang. As a double drop out and possibly the only member of the entire family to have tattoos and facial piercings I am definitely the black sheep.

My grandparents were all in service or in unskilled manual jobs. My parents and their siblings have all worked hard to get on and do well. My generation are the first to have the luxury of going to uni. We are also the one who have had the luxury of dropping out, screwing up and generally taking our time to settle.

Patrick Stevens said:
Wash your mouth out with soap. It's a Mercedes - do you think I would drive a drug dealer's car?
Not until you were sure he was inside....:sad:

redcogs

Guru
Patrick Stevens said:
It's taken my family a whole generation to move from lower middle class to middle class.

That sounds like a pretty ancient social class definition Patrick. Don't people have income based group numbers and letters these days?

i'd suggest (somewhat presumptiously) that you would look down on me and be categorised within the AB (Managerial Professional),

Whereas i would look up to you from the rather low base DE (unskilled manual and unemployed) sir..

:sad:

redcogs

Guru
Yes Waffleybot i had hoped to evoke that very sketch as a means of prodding Patrick, but he's too busy to bite at the moment (the tea trolley cometh).:sad::sad:

redcogs said:
Yes Waffleybot i had hoped to evoke that very sketch as a means of prodding Patrick, but he's too busy to bite at the moment (the tea trolley cometh).:sad::eek:

Actually, I've been rather heavily engaged in a nifty little scheme to save some clients a lot of tax. :sad:

Top Bottom