Oddest thing found/seen lying in the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not that, we do that kind of thing, but it holds a value, it's definitely not a travel pass. For what it's worth travel passes are better but not as profitable.

Yeah, I can see that. As if a person buys a weekly or monthly pass but doesn't use it everyday than whoever is in charge of issuing the pass makes pure profit on those "unused" days.

It would be nice if instead of being good for x-number of days that the weekly/monthly passes were good for a set number of unlimited day rides, i.e. a 7-day pass would be good for 7 days worth of rides whether consecutive or not. The same with the 30-day passes.

But I guess that that would be asking too much, as well as making too sense.

I hope all the things found were handed in to the police other wise of course it is theft. The bar certainly needed to go back to the garage concerned, mechanics do not earn a lot and the cost of quality tools is high. Sometimes a bit of leverage was required to remove the master cylinder from the servo, as there was often some corrosion in that area.

Yeah, I can see the police being interested in having some cyclist (or anyone) turning in a few dollars/pounds/quid to be returned to it's "rightful" owner. Someone who more likely than not didn't/doesn't even know that they've lost it. More likely than not, any such money turned into the police would likely "disappear" into either the LEO to whom it was turned into pocket, or it would go into their coffee fund, or their petty cash fund.

As for tools, MP3 players, digital recorders, digital cameras, etc. I can see how a case of conversion could be made. But theft seems to be a bit strong.

Cheddar George

oober member
I have to slow down for a tight blind bend and then there is a fork in the road.

A ...... fork ...... in ...... the .......road !

The road surface is crap and there are a series of deep cracks one of which contains an eating utensil ..... its been there for months and i can't help looking at it everytime i go round the corner. If it wasn't such a dangerous bend i would try and prise it out as it is such a distraction to me. :blink:

In this country nothing, in Nigeria a few years ago I saw a dead body by the side of the road, our convoy passed it every day for three days, that was pretty nasty.

It's a London Transport card. Works as prepaid debit, it uses Mifare Classic RF technology but is currently being migrated to Mifare DESFire. The cards track ALL your movements on the system, and most cards are linked to your home address. I'd advise coughing up the extra and buying normal tickets with cash if you ever visit London. Not that we live in a police state.

It's not a ticket, really not. The card stores your last few journeys on the latter bytes, I believe it also uses a UID based password to make the encryption stronger.

http://www.tfl.gov.u....aspx#section-1
Did you read that link? You can put 7 day and longer season tickets on it. How is that not a ticket? (unless you think eTickets aren't tickets either). And if you are paranoid, you don't have to register for PAYG and 7 day tickets.

Oh, and don't carry a mobile phone either.

And definitely do not use Facebook.

It's a London Transport card. Works as prepaid debit, it uses Mifare Classic RF technology but is currently being migrated to Mifare DESFire. The cards track ALL your movements on the system, and most cards are linked to your home address. I'd advise coughing up the extra and buying normal tickets with cash if you ever visit London. Not that we live in a police state.

It's not a ticket, really not. The card stores your last few journeys on the latter bytes, I believe it also uses a UID based password to make the encryption stronger.

http://www.tfl.gov.u....aspx#section-1

Paranoid much? Maybe the zionists did it.

Not paranoid, well maybe just a little ;), just have industry knowledge - I used to develop with these cards in the security sector. I'll admit that I'd rather not have the state knowing my every move, my love of privacy and freedom - not that I'd knowingly break a law *cough*

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Most expensive - A written off 4x4 that looked as though it had be torched very badly.
Best find was a multi-tool.
I see numerous prams for some reason. Maybe the child decides "I can walk now" and the Mum or Dad dump them???

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not found on roads, but on bridleways ...

A £10 note all but buried in thick dust and gravel. A flash of sunlight reflecting off the hologram caught my eye. It paid for beer and a takeaway when I got home!

A new-looking, freshly laundered Goretex skullcap which just happened to be my size! (Worth about £18 and very good for cold, wet rides.)

:smile:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Not found on roads, but on bridleways ...

A £10 note all but buried in thick dust and gravel. A flash of sunlight reflecting off the hologram caught my eye. It paid for beer and a takeaway when I got home!

A new-looking, freshly laundered Goretex skullcap which just happened to be my size! (Worth about £18 and very good for cold, wet rides.)

:smile:
Were these on the same ride. Maybe the poor rider was buried in the dust and gravel again. Did you take the skull cap from a oddly head shaped rock??? ::thumbsup:

Not paranoid, well maybe just a little ;), just have industry knowledge - I used to develop with these cards in the security sector. I'll admit that I'd rather not have the state knowing my every move, my love of privacy and freedom - not that I'd knowingly break a law *cough*

Sound to me like you are involved in something nefarious and as such should be put under close scrutiny by the state.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Were these on the same ride. Maybe the poor rider was buried in the dust and gravel again. Did you take the skull cap from a oddly head shaped rock??? ::thumbsup:
No ... The £10 note was found on a ride on one bridleway. The skull cap was found on a walk on a different one and I think I saw the people who dropped it. 3 lads on mountain bikes had gone screaming down a bridleway descent as I was walking up it. I found the skull cap at the top on the section of bridleway that they had ridden about 10 minutes previously. I asked around, checked the LBS and the Singletrack World forum. Nobody was moaning about losing their skull cap so I kept it for myself!

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
No ... The £10 note was found on a ride on one bridleway. The skull cap was found on a walk on a different one and I think I saw the people who dropped it. 3 lads on mountain bikes had gone screaming down a bridleway descent as I was walking up it. I found the skull cap at the top on the section of bridleway that they had ridden about 10 minutes previously. I asked around, checked the LBS and the Singletrack World forum. Nobody was moaning about losing their skull cap so I kept it for myself!
Good for you :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom