Oddest thing found/seen lying in the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

punkedmonkey

The oddest/scariest thing I once found in the middle of the road was a man under the front wheel of a bus... thankfully the police had just turned up so I didn't need to assist...

Nothing overly odd, but I did pass a rabbit frozen in fear, so stood my bike upside down as a "warning triangle" across that side of the carriageway, picked the bun up and put it in the verge where it hopped back into the hedgerows and away

And yes, I got a torrent of abuse for it because a rabbit isn't worth 30 seconds of anyone's time :sad:

Funnily enough, i saw an artic HGV driver do exactly the same on the A1035 nr Routh and nobody had a pop at him for doing so

punkedmonkey

Oh and I forgot that this evening I came across a cyclist scrabbling on the floor attempting to avoid being run over (didn't help that he didn't have any lights) - not really out of the ordinary until you realise he was in possession of two bikes!!

- need to review the helmet cam to see if I can spot how he ended up on the floor, but I imagine it was to do with an amusing intertwining of bicycles...

aberal

Guru
A dead kangaroo.

OTOH I was in Australia at the time so maybe it wasn't that unusual. Also saw a dead wombat.

In this country I saw a moving dead rabbit. Took a double take and it moved again. Thought..."that's weird. A moving dead rabbit". At which point the stoat/weasel/ferret (whatever) which had been dragging it off the road popped its head up, saw me and headed off.

Today, I spun round a corner and found a white van on its side. Black ice, apparently.

Jonathing

Über Member
Half a badger.
It seemed to have been sawn down the middle, the median sagital plane, so all that was laying in the road was the left half of it.

Other than that it would have to be myself, I'd expected to be on my bike however I discovered me in the road instead. I'm still not sure how I got there so I picked myself up and put me back where I thought I should have been.

quassleberry

Just this past couple of days whilst cycling home on one stretch of road a trail of ladies underwear. By tonights journey some had been taken out of the gutter and spread out on the verge. :wacko:

Does anyone know what the curly metal/rubber looking bits are? They appear all along my commute from time to time, it makes me wonder how the vehicle keeps moving minus these bits.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
When i was a milkman i have found a guy asleep on the side of the road using a speed bump as a pillow , another time i found a guy asleep on a drive with no trousers or pants on ( not a pretty site ).

Brommie77

Saw three car-wheel-nuts on the side of the road this morning, looked from the location as if someone had changed their wheel at the side of the road, and forgotten to replace the 3 out of the (usually) four nuts - just hope I'm not cycling past the car when the wheel comes flying off :unsure:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I found a Madame Cholet (i think)Womble, the McDonalds happy meal cuddly toy type. It was among a load of other stuff scattered from what i presume was a stolen car in Solihull. There were lots of other kid's stuff like pencil cases and school books but i only picked the Womble up. She now adorns the front of my bike, as seen in Sloane Square at the Martlett's fnrttc:

womble.JPG

adds21

Rider of bikes
I found a boat a week or so ago in a layby on a little country lane on my commute.

Without outboard (or trailer), unfortunatly, but other than that it looked in reasonable condition. I reported it to the council as it started to attact other fly tipers, and it was gone within a week.

If I had a boat trailer to hand, I woud have been tempted to pick it up and keep it for myself.

Adasta

I just cannot pass the magnetic L plates (for learner drivers) I see on the grass verges as I cycle along.
The magnetism is just not strong enough to hold them to the car bodywork at 60mph. It's not so long since I gave a few away, but today there are seven on my freezer door awaiting recycling.:smile:

You should take them with you on your commute and hand them over to drivers needing a "driving refresher course"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom