Off Day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikeman66

Anyone else have days when it just doesn't happen?

Did a 44Km ride today, and my legs just felt like lead from around the halfway point. No obvious reason as to why I would have been off form, but it just turned in to a right struggle to finish the ride. The wind was in our faces in the early stages and there were a couple of vicious climbs within the first 15Km, but never experienced issues like that before.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We all have them, just as footballers, snooker players and golfers can occasionally go out and play like donkeys.

D

Deleted member 1258

Yes most people do, have you been overdoing things?

OP
OP
bikeman66

bikeman66

Yes most people do, have you been overdoing things?
Possibly the opposite Dave R.

Due to work commitments I haven't been on the bike for a week, but I've had longer lay-offs before without problems. Like folks seem to be saying, I guess it's just one of those things!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes to the question of weak legs!

Another possibility which caught me out once on a 200 km audax, and happened to a mate on a 100 mile sportive ... rubbing brakes. It is amazing how tiring it is to ride with a brake dragging on a rim. In both cases, a rear brake had been knocked out of position putting the bike in the back of the car to transport to the event. My mate did 55 miles before he spotted it, and I did the full 200+ km and wondered why I was totally shattered by the end. I found out when I dismounted in the car park and tried rolling the bike up to the car - it needed a good push to get it moving! I had worn 3/4 of the brake block away over the course of the day.

young Ed

Veteran
yeah, as said wee all get them some days
some days i can do over a 100 miles fairly happily other days 10 miles feels like a world tour just without the good sights! :sad:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom