Off-road strength and endurance improvements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Without the core and upper body strength, and the necessary stamina in those areas, you can't maintain the right technique, nor, in some cases, develop that technique in the first place.

Of course you can. You can easily develop technique without masses of core and upper body strength. Although granted in the OP's case and given illness that has reduced his strength it might help to bulk up a little.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Of course you can. You can easily develop technique without masses of core and upper body strength. Although granted in the OP's case and given illness that has reduced his strength it might help to bulk up a little.
Who said masses? You, not me. A rider needs enough, not masses, enough for the sort of riding they want to do and clearly the OP, for reasons now obvious, doesn't yet have it or else he wouldn't be asking and wouldn't have the problem. Developing enough core / upper body strength and stamina does not involve bulk. e.g. David Millar, to improve as a climber he did lots and lots of core and upper body work off the bike. Charles Atlas he wasn't. In some sports, and MTB is one, sometimes you need to train just to be able to train.

Just riding the bike more isn't an effective way to get "enough". imo. ime. ymmv.

Jody

Stubborn git
Who said masses? You, not me. A rider needs enough, not masses, enough for the sort of riding they want to do and clearly the OP, for reasons now obvious,

I think you are taking my words too literally. Let's not derail the thread

Top Bottom