off the bike for a few weeks.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Wishing you a good recovery, summer's coming :bicycle::smile:

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Thanks for the good wishes.

Back at home now.
Arthroscopy done, detached minuscus now reattached, and all the loose bits washed out. Humungous bandage, and a bit of swelling, but the pain is not too bad.

Under instruction not to bend the knee more than 60 degrees for 10 days or so. Physio sessions booked in 2 weeks. Should be ok to start gentle spinning work then by all accounts, and back on the bike shortly after.

When it's healed up I'll then be scheduling opp no 2 to sort out the stretched ligaments which we are currently like old knicker elastic and not stabilising the knee at all. Hopefully that will be done next winter so I'll lose as little summer riding time as possible.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Cheers Colin.
Yep , I managed to dislocated the knee (again) in a tournement last September. That knackered the rest of the knee and it's been getting worse.... Suspect its time to accept I'm getting too old to fight in competitions any more.

All being well I'm hoping to be riding the Leap into the Aire audax with Mrs Kes..... And I'll def be joinin you at some point this summer :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
If they have stitched the meniscus, you'll usually have to use crutches for a number of weeks to allow it to heal., which will get in the way when cycling! You might want to check.

My humungous bandage came off within 5 hours...however, it went back on within 6 hours due to renewed bleeding and a dash back to the hospital!

Hope it all heals as planned :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom