Off to Canada after this pint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Just having a pint in the Red Lion gatwick north, next stop Victoria . 80 days on the road to come. Can't wait.

Attachments

• IMG_20180612_2055006~3.jpg
    IMG_20180612_2055006~3.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 76

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I hope you have a great time. Bring back pictures.:okay:

Cheers!

Will follow your route with interest. Am familiar with many parts of the country...just not by bike.
This may be unnecessary but if you are going into bear country, be prepared.

Am envious.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Always carry a 24 pack and a big bowl, in case of bear attack. And put bells on your bike.

You do know how to identify which bear has last been in the vicinity recently, you can tell by bear poo. TBH the poo does look the same except Grizzly Bear poo has bear bells in it. We got that info from our guide in BC whilst a rather large Black Bear was watching us from about 20 metres away.

Grizzlies have a lump of muscle on their back and black bears are sometimes brown. You can escape grizzlies by climbing a tree - or is it black bears? Anyway, Canada's fab. Most bears are in BC.

HelenD123

Guru
Grizzlies have a lump of muscle on their back and black bears are sometimes brown. You can escape grizzlies by climbing a tree - or is it black bears? Anyway, Canada's fab. Most bears are in BC.

Don't let your guard down about bears. I only saw them in Alberta/BC border, but other cyclists saw them on the Trans Canada in Ontario and there were reports of them near where I camped near Riding Mountain in Manitoba. Have a fantastic trip!

Top Bottom