Office snacks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cycling has given me a big appetite. Just had mickey mercilessly taken out of me for the supplies I brought in this am for my desk drawer:
Coffee (sorry LoTP): 110g. This will last me about 1 month.
Teabags: 40. This will last a month also (I also have lots of green tea which I have occasionally)
But it's the food that they're laughing about... the following will last me a week:
10 apples
20 clementines
10 bananas
1 packet of pumpkin seeds
1 pack of dried figs.
2 bars of dark chocolate (good qualidee stuff)

Plus I bring in sarnies, and eat a lot at home. I'm not big or fat either. What do you get through?

Each day I bring
Home made wholemeal sandwich with mature cheddar cheese (well, something has to be mature...:tongue:)
A banana
2 portions of flapjack type of stuff - home made etc
Fruit - apples, satsumas at the mo - and navel oranges.
The biggest problem I have is my teensy back pack rocking on one of the oranges as I cycle - really must pack better.
Nuts, biscuits and stuff are usually knocking around if needs must...:tongue:
Others here eat chinese takeaway EVERY day - sometimes TWICExx(
(I do work with Chinese people though...the stink of cooked 'animal' is horrendous!) xx(xx(:biggrin:

Each day I mid-morning snack (i.e. not part of actual lunch) on something from the following shortlist -

Satsumas (lose their jucinesss if you hang on to them for too long)
Grapes (2 varieties)
Banana (has to be just ripe enough though - nothing worse than a banana that's past its best :tongue:)
Some kind of harvest nut bar thing made by Kellogs :biggrin:
Malt loaf (2 slices only)

And on a rare occasion when I'm feeling pooped or under the weather, a homemade scone or slice of homemade cake perks me up no end :tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
I tend to eat lots. Mostly porridge in the mornings then an apple at 11ish. Two sandwiches from home at midday followed by several apples and a large handful of Cashew nuts. Maybe about seven or eight Corn thins around two, more cashews and apples as required. If I have been to the shop then this will be supplemented by other fresh fruit and treats, mango chunks being a particular favourite.

beanzontoast said:
Banana (has to be just ripe enough though - nothing worse than a banana that's past its best :biggrin:)
:tongue:

Slightly OT but I was reading about bananas the other day (can't remember where) but the overripe / brown/ past their best etc ones are good if they are peeled and wrapped in foil then frozen. Done that bit but not had a bite yet...supposed to be good 'n tasty.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
I tend to eat lots. Mostly porridge in the mornings then an apple at 11ish. Two sandwiches from home at midday followed by several apples and a large handful of Cashew nuts. Maybe about seven or eight Corn thins around two, more cashews and apples as required. If I have been to the shop then this will be supplemented by other fresh fruit and treats, mango chunks being a particular favourite.
Sounds like me...I basically graze my way through the day... I spend a lot of time on my own in a poky little office, interspersed with bits of teaching here and there, so I eat, work and go on here. And I've just worked out a glorious spreadsheet to keep track of my shaky finances :biggrin:

Aperitif said:
Slightly OT but I was reading about bananas the other day (can't remember where) but the overripe / brown/ past their best etc ones are good if they are peeled and wrapped in foil then frozen. Done that bit but not had a bite yet...supposed to be good 'n tasty.

Never heard of that one - must give it a try. We always seem to chuck at least one banana away out of every bunch because it goes mucho brown when our backs are turned.

Bacon and deep fried hash browns for breakfast
Big Mac for snack mid morning,
Chips at lunchtime with either Turkey Twizzles or Chicken Nuggets,
A big bottle of fizzy pop,
Two or three mars bars in the afternoon,
KFC "Big Bucket" for tea

domtyler

Über Member
Patrick Stevens said:
KFC "Big Bucket" for tea

No wonder you're just skin and bones boy'o.

Patrick Stevens said:
KFC "Big Bucket" for tea

To make this a balanced menu, just add a stick or two of celery to nibble between snacks.

:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
Fnaar said:
Sounds like me...I basically graze my way through the day... I spend a lot of time on my own in a poky little office, interspersed with bits of teaching here and there, so I eat, work and go on here. And I've just worked out a glorious spreadsheet to keep track of my shaky finances :tongue:

I think a lot of it is just eating for the sake of it rather than hunger, just something to do to kill some time. If I am busy doing jobs at home then I can go all day without thinking of food! :biggrin:

domtyler said:
I think a lot of it is just eating for the sake of it rather than hunger, just something to do to kill some time. If I am busy doing jobs at home then I can go all day without thinking of food! :biggrin:

I find if I am busy eating, I can go all day without thinking of jobs to do at home. :tongue:

Top Bottom