1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh bloody hell (for all other guitarists)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Rhythm Thief, 13 Mar 2008.

1. ... I've just gone and ordered one of these. Mrs RT is going to kill me when I get home.;)
    Still, it looks nice, doesn't it?:smile:

2. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Dunno. It's all relative, innit. What does Mrs RT look like?

3. I thought that if you had 'a bit on the side' there were supposed to be no strings attached?

I bet Mrs RT will love it - I think it is pretty and have not a clue about strumpets...

"KERRANG!" oh no - it's a subtle one.;)

4. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

Well its been nice knowing you.
    Can't you just tell the wife that playing helps to keep your fingers supple ?

5. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Cold shoulder for a week then all will be back to normal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

Nice... And who needs a Mrs RT when you've got one of those:biggrin:

7. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

you got it from aldi/lidl for a tenner right ;)

8. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Just point out the INCLUDED FIBREGLASS CASE! and she'll be fine.

9. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

How much for a guitar..... if she doesn't know how much these things cost, then at least halve it.....

10. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Beautiful and spankable plank there RT!
    Not a bad price either, how's it feel to play?

If you have a 'CrackConverters' or similar pawn emporium in the vacinity you could always say you paid £200 second hand for an absolute bargain?

11. bobg

bobg Über Member

Anyway to get the subject back to the guitar:smile: I sounds gorgeous, if its half as good as the sound clip I'm very envious. I bought an Aria electric accoustic for about £400 out of a relocation lump sum.... in 1982 - her indoors found the receipt about 20 years later and still moans about it. Yours has that crisp sound that reminds me of the early Martins. Very Renbournesque. There's a place alled "Frailings" in Old Runcorn" that gets 30/40's classic stuff from the States and lets you demo them for as long as you want ... heaven!! Good luck with it. Just prop it up somewhere and look at it .......

12. redcogs

redcogs New Member

You extravagant so and so! i'm v envious.

Tell Mrs RT its a new decorating table for when you do the lounge - she might not notice?

13. I'm looking forward to getting hold of it, it should be here tomorrow.:rolleyes: The other half didn't seem to be as bothered as I thought she might be, I think she's used to my profligate ways by now!
    As for '30s and '40s American guitars ... one of my previous instruments was a 1934 Martin Archtop. A lovely thing with that classic blues sound, but in the end I was pestered into selling it by a friend of mine. Nice to have though, it was always a talking point whenever I played it.

14. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Looks nice!

Shame you didn't ask me first...I have a spare one you could have had for nothing;):rolleyes:..oh well moving on.....

...seriously, it does look like a nice guitar...my concern with it, like all 'electro acoustics' is the claim about it's pre amp tone when DI'd into a desk:

I have yet to find a Guitar capable of giving a great acoustic tone when DI'd through an on board pre amp...I have never tried one of these though. In my experience electro acoustic on board pre amps give a digital, harsh sound...no 'air'...although this one has a condenser rather than a piezzo or whatever they are called.

Most engineers would rather simply mic up a 'normal' acoustic guitar with two, maybe three mics I think....although playing live would be different...doubtless then the sound would be more than adequate through an amp or direct to the PA.

I have a Takamine 2000LTD edition, it looks cool, plays well and sounds good live, but in a recording studio I would take another guitar in and Mic it up to avoid the digital edge.

Having said all that it depends on what you are recording...Acoustic guitar out on it's own dictates a perfect...more traditional mic'd tone I feel, however if you are playing in a band with this and it is to sit in a mix then I reckon the Pre amp thing wouldn't be to much of an issue really.

...I get regular attacks of gear Gas...I have just bought a Marshall JMP 1 valve pre amp, A new Korg DT-10 tuner, Two celestion Vintage 30 speakers to go in some Marshall 1x12 cabs, a set of ECC83S Matched Triode JJ Tesla Tubes, a set of
    ECC83S Balanced JJ Tesla Tubes & a Matched Quad of 6L6GC JJ Tesla Tubes for a Marshall 50/50 stereo power amp and the JMP 1.
    As I type I am bidding on EBay for a new guitar effects processer (TC electronic G major) and a Midi controller....it goes on...never ending...you should see this studio...there is so much gear in it I don't even use half of it....but still I get GAS....oh yeah and then there is the imminent NEED for a new bike....fortunately my MRS is resigned to her fate and doesnt protest....well not to my face anyway:biggrin::biggrin:

15. Encore! bigbloke - a real enthusiast's post...a good read. Ta.