Oh bloody hell (for all other guitarists)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Difficult to tell exactly from thos epics...possibly a VOX 1967 duotone....does it look like the pic right at the bottom of this page? http://godsowncountry.blogspot.com/2002_07_01_archive.html

I think that's it, though mine's missing the tremolo arm. Your link mentions the weird socket thing, too. My pics have vox duotone written on, it was the upside-down neck I was wondering about... (and secretly hoping I'd rescued a rare guitar worth the price of a flash new bike :blush:)
btw, in case you weren't aware, you can make my pics bigger,; just click on them.
Cheers

Bigtallfatbloke

you may want to put it up on ebay with a high reserve and just see...or take it over to Andersons in Denmark Street London for butchers....but i suspect the worst....does it play well? My guess is that the action will be poor and possibly the intonation if the neck isnt to steady...but I could be wrong.

Just one thing...the loft is just about the worst place you can store a guitar, the temperature variations up there can seriously damage the neck wood and warp it. Guitars should be kept in the living room at room temperature away from the heaters, and preferably on good quality stands (dont lean them against a wall!)

If it's in reasonable nick it might be worth a few hundred quid as a 1960s Vox. Budget guitars from those days are beginning to go up in value as the 1960s Strats and Teles start to go for really ridiculous money. Find out everything you can about it and stick it on ebay would be my advice. If I was in the market for a(nother) guitar I'd buy it from you ... at a special CC members' discount, obviously.:ohmy:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bigtallfatbloke said:
you may want to put it up on ebay with a high reserve and just see...or take it over to Andersons in Denmark Street London for butchers....but i suspect the worst....does it play well? My guess is that the action will be poor and possibly the intonation if the neck isnt to steady...but I could be wrong.

Just one thing...the loft is just about the worst place you can store a guitar, the temperature variations up there can seriously damage the neck wood and warp it. Guitars should be kept in the living room at room temperature away from the heaters, and preferably on good quality stands (dont lean them against a wall!)
It's a bit battered, but in decent nick... can't play it amplified though, cos of the funny lead connection... also, although I'm left-handed, I play guitar right-handed, and this is a left-hander!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Rhythm Thief said:
If it's in reasonable nick it might be worth a few hundred quid as a 1960s Vox. Budget guitars from those days are beginning to go up in value as the 1960s Strats and Teles start to go for really ridiculous money. Find out everything you can about it and stick it on ebay would be my advice. If I was in the market for a(nother) guitar I'd buy it from you ... at a special CC members' discount, obviously.:biggrin:
Some kind forummer put it on here for comments last time I tried to find out... will hang onto it for a bit, and work out what to do.. thanks for your comments guys... sorry for hijacking the thread!

Top Bottom