Oh dear I've upset Google.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like Google aren't happy with me. They say I've broken their T&Cs and have blocked my account. They didn't say what I've done but I suspect it's because I used a work around to install Playstore on two of my kids Amazon Fire tablets which are linked to my account. Not sure why they would object to that as it might give them increased revenue I'd have thought.
Can still use Google search and YouTube but not access my account or gmail.
An inconvenience rather than anything else.
Could you do without Google?

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh dear, never mind.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Looks like Google aren't happy with me. They say I've broken their T&Cs and have blocked my account. They didn't say what I've done but I suspect it's because I used a work around to install Playstore on two of my kids Amazon Fire tablets which are linked to my account. Not sure why they would object to that as it might give them increased revenue I'd have thought.
Can still use Google search and YouTube but not access my account or gmail.
An inconvenience rather than anything else.
Could you do without Google?

I did that with my Kindle fire as well. They have not yet said or done anything to me yet.

I could certainly do without google in my life. There are lots of other browers out there that are less intrusive than google.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
As much as I would like to stick two fingers up to the big corporation, being suddenly cut off from google would be a bit of a nuisance.

In my case, losing Outlook/hotmail would be worse, because I use hotmail as my personal address.

It's always concerned me, what Microsoft giveth, Microsoft could also taketh away.

tom73

Guru
Think they have done you a favour better, safer and more private options around. I Don't have a google account I value the privacy too much.
Remember anything done or added to google belongs to google even if walk away.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom