Oh dear. What have I done!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oops!:ohmy: I seem to have had a dizzy spell (must be the sunshine) but I appear to have taken my wallet out and spent some of the banks cash (it isn't mine so thats ok then;))

I had been toying with buying a new helmet camera and today I've gone and done it!

I've gone and purchased an Archos system. The 404 30Gb recorder from amazon (£133.90) and the Archos helmet camera from play.com (£74.99).

I do have some money due to me that should cover this (NHS back pay xx(). Only one slight problem, this money is also supposed to help with buying a fridge freezer and a new car as well.

How will I explain this to my wife:sad::B)

Oh well I will be able to catch drivers like this

in techicolour detail!:biggrin::biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Oooooh, you naughty blighter! Nice though, now you can have one camera pointing backwards and the other one forwards and really give us all the detail.

I posted a comment on your latest video, btw.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Thats my plan! I think I will have the atc attached to the bike facing back.

The nice thing about the archos system is that it timestamps the video, which is good from an evidence point of view.

Yes I just looked at the comment. Thanks for that. This week is hectic (family and work) so I'm note sure if I will have the time to write a letter. I get squeezed in the same way at that part of my commute so often though I could write a template letter and send it off each time!!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I reckon I'd do a massive fear wobble there, they wouldn't dare come near you. I often do this around HPC and down Grosvenor Place to keep drivers away from me, and get beeped every now and then. As far as I'm concerned a beep means that they were intending to pass me too closely, and the wobble scared them off.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Yes the wobble is certainly an option. I do usually take a super primary position at this point which has been working, although I was a bit lazy on this occasion. However, that in no way excuses this chap for his driving:angry:.

fisha

Guru
i'd like to see what you think of the quality of the archos setup . . . it was something i was looking at recently, but never bothered following up.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

col said:
Actually on watching your vid i didnt think...... only kidding:laugh:

I'm keeping my eye on you Col. I can see you are going to be trouble....:biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Im actually off work today with a bad back,i know it sounds iffy,but its is due to being unable to adjust a seat for me,it doesnt adjust far enough on height and back far enough either,and to top it all off ,the bloody sunvisor is too low .so im hunching up so i can see under it.then speed humps,and presto,spasms:sad:.So im putting my new tyre on the back wheel ,and giving it a good clean and check,aswell as checking in here,,i do like the idea of these cams,and now in colour too:smile:

Good stuff :sad:

No worries mate you could be spending your cash on crack and lineing the pockets of drug dealers, anyway your providing a great educational service to the wider community and that in its self its has worth ;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Yer Maw Mate Yer Maw said:
Good stuff :smile:

No worries mate you could be spending your cash on crack and lineing the pockets of drug dealers, anyway your providing a great educational service to the wider community and that in its self its has worth :sad:

Ah but educational in what way? In a 'what ever you do don't do what he does' sort of way?!?!;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Got the archos 404 ;). Nice bit of kit and I can see some other uses for it (family photos, the odd bit of music and video etc). Just waiting for my camera to arrive!

My wife has been very understanding about my purchase. Now I remember why I married her.....:sad:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooooh, lucky mate! Although I suspect she's going to store up the experience and make you pay for it later on with the death by thousand cuts.

Top Bottom