Oh dear Wilko, I was only trying to be nice, :-) :-).

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good afternoon,

I recently bought some rear bike lights from Wilko and was genuinely mostly impressed by them.

So I thought that I would add a review.

Sadly my review was rejected, (I have added the review inside the red border to the rejection message.)

wilko1.png

.... but it is not enough for one direction of the commute so I have to use the next level down.......

I used the word next which is the name of a competitor.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So can anyone come up with anything more dumb that is even more likely to irritate a customer?

Bye

Ian

Lol !

AndyRM

XOXO
Hmm, hardly the closest of competitors, either. I don't think the Next sell any cycling equipment, do they?

Not cycling specific, but they do have their own range of active wear and sell third party stuff (online only for that I believe).

That's the only reason I can think it would have flagged it up, but it is weird!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Good afternoon,

I recently bought some rear bike lights from Wilko and was genuinely mostly impressed by them.

Sadly my review was rejected, (I have added the review inside the red border to the rejection message.)

View attachment 664658

.... but it is not enough for one direction of the commute so I have to use the next level down.......

I used the word next which is the name of a competitor.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So can anyone come up with anything more dumb that is even more likely to irritate a customer?

Bye

Ian

Back in the deepest darkest early days of the internet coming to my office in 1999 I worked for a large insurance company.
Access to the World Wide Web was strictly limited and you couldn’t search up names like Arsenal FC or Scunthorpe FC because the swear filter would block them.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Yep. i sometimes wonder if they are in charge of this place.
All the mods on here are human :okay: :tongue:

Good evening,

I asked my friend Ann and she couldn't see the point in a rewrite, she would rather spend her summer relaxing, however Sara disagrees as she is a keen sailor and used to lee winds.

Down the pub Ronald thinks that there is some fun to be had but his experience under the Colonel restrains him.

Bye

Ian
(Edit: The advertising links is/are not mine but automatically inserted by the forum's advertising feature)

Last edited:

Gwylan

Veteran
Good afternoon,

View attachment 664658

Bye

Ian

Wilko, see Next as a competitor? Twerps in the marketing department then.

Sell your shares!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I was overcharged in Accrington Wilko on Wednesday. I bought some wild bird seed/food, 3 packets of dog chews/treats and a bow tie for my mutt. The dog chews were priced up on the shelf as being on offer at £1 a packet, but somehow the till, or the woman working the till charged me 73p a packet more. Mmm, ok it was 'only' a £2.20 overcharge, but I wonder if it's a frequent occurrence that many won't notice if they don't check their receipts? 🤔

Last edited:
Top Bottom