Oh dear...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran

Sara_H

Guru
I've just started using a trailer. I bought a single seat childs trailer on ebay. All I've done so far is remove the seat. I've used it o tow my sons speedway bike to the track.
Plan to put a ply base in it (the current base is fabric) so can use it for carrying cargo and even the dog if need be.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
One of my biggest cycling regrets is getting rid of my Burley twin seat trailer when the kids were too big for it. There are so many times since that I have had to drive or taxi somewhere with a too much to walk with but still small ish load where that would have done the trick. I take a quiet weeks shop (for 5 people) without kids in it & I'm sure the dogs would have loved it too (we didn't have any while the kids were small, they came as the trailer went)
As for towing it: primarily I used my Birdy folder (low gearing via a sram diualdrive 3x8) bit also had it on a bog standard hardtail MTB and cheap Claud Butler hybrid, both geared for general purpose riding rather than really low settings.

They're pretty robust too. I once got the wheel caught in some mini railway tracks (in Heaton Park for the Mancunians) and managed to flip it and throw me off my bike when I turned. The kids were hanging upside down in their seat laughing and asking to do it again.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
One of my biggest cycling regrets is getting rid of my Burley twin seat trailer when the kids were too big for it. There are so many times since that I have had to drive or taxi somewhere with a too much to walk with but still small ish load where that would have done the trick. I take a quiet weeks shop (for 5 people) without kids in it & I'm sure the dogs would have loved it too (we didn't have any while the kids were small, they came as the trailer went)
As for towing it: primarily I used my Birdy folder (low gearing via a sram diualdrive 3x8) bit also had it on a bog standard hardtail MTB and cheap Claud Butler hybrid, both geared for general purpose riding rather than really low settings.

They're pretty robust too. I once got the wheel caught in some mini railway tracks (in Heaton Park for the Mancunians) and managed to flip it and throw me off my bike when I turned. The kids were hanging upside down in their seat laughing and asking to do it again.
Heaton Park was at the end of my road when I lived in Prestwich, used to take my little girl there all the time! My little girl is 27 now lol

Cyclopathic

Veteran
What kind is yours Cyclopathic?
I've got a rather nice Burley one. It's heavy duty nylon over a very light aliminium frame. What is really nice about it is that it's got quick release wheels and the sides fold down so it can be easily stored on the wall without taking up loads of space. The method of connecting it to the bike is a bit awkward but very secure. It's quite old now so that aspect may have improved..

Ganymede

Veteran
I've got a rather nice Burley one. It's heavy duty nylon over a very light aliminium frame. What is really nice about it is that it's got quick release wheels and the sides fold down so it can be easily stored on the wall without taking up loads of space. The method of connecting it to the bike is a bit awkward but very secure. It's quite old now so that aspect may have improved..

Thanks Cyclopathic. I'll have a google.

Matthames

Über Member
My Radical Design Cyclone IV has quick release wheels and folds down flat when not in use. The other advantages to this trailer is that there is a walking position for the wheels. You can also swap the draw bar for a handle, which makes pulling it along by hand a lot easier. Another thing with the cyclone is that in walking mode it can be considered a rather large duffel bag.

Top Bottom