Oh gawld...somethings just occured to me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Probably nothing....but i hadnt thought about it till 2 minutes ago...

Got a 531 Raleigh frame for a rebuild...then i thought..is the dropout / hanger the same thread for campag and shimano derailleurs???

Hope so, cos ive already got a Shimano chainset, working on the principle of a Sora rear mech...

RedBike

yes.

You can use a Shimano crankset (and bb) with a campag groupset without any major compatibility issues.

Hugo15

Über Member
My winter bike is a late 1980's Raleigh 531 frame. It was originally a Raleigh Triathlon, complete with biopace chain rings in a nice lemon paint job. It's now got a stealth black paint job and is equipped with Campag.......... which means I can't answer your question. It did have Shimano 105 on originally though so I suspect you will be OK.

slow down

Hugo15 said:
My winter bike is a late 1980's Raleigh 531 frame. It was originally a Raleigh Triathlon, complete with biopace chain rings in a nice lemon paint job. It's now got a stealth black paint job and is equipped with Campag.......... which means I can't answer your question. It did have Shimano 105 on originally though so I suspect you will be OK.

I've got one of these set up as my fixie (still with the lemon paintjob)! Doesn't get much use but rides so well, may put gears back on and use for commuting - it rides way to nice to get rid of.

Re the OP - Yes it will fit, threading will be the same.

Hugo15

Über Member
slow down said:
I've got one of these set up as my fixie (still with the lemon paintjob)! Doesn't get much use but rides so well, may put gears back on and use for commuting - it rides way to nice to get rid of.

Re the OP - Yes it will fit, threading will be the same.

Rode mine loads in the late 80's when I was at school then it was neglected in the garage for about 12 years before my mate badgered me to get it out and get it done up. You are right, it does ride really well. We have just got the bike to work scheme at work and I want a new bike for winter, but the old Raleigh is going so well that I can't justify it.

Top Bottom