Oh happy day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Have you ever reached to the back of that cavern forming part of your wardrobe to find a pair of trousers you had forgotten existed, thought, 'hmm, in the absence of the ones I was looking for, I'll wear these', put them on then put your hands in the pocket to find £220? Well it's just happened to me and filled me with such joy, I felt compelled to broadcast the good news.

Two hundred and twenty pounds, ladies and gentlemen. Two hundred and twenty of your English pounds!

Matt1705

Über Member
Most I've ever found is loose change lol :-(

There is no chance that I wouldn't notice if I were short by £220.. not even £50 for that matter!! :secret:
But it must be absolutely brilliant thing to happen! How are they going to be spent then? :girldance:

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
The money found its way into the trouser pocket in July! It was the bill for a restaurant meal we'd paid for by card and everyone else paid us their share in cash.

Berties

Fast and careful!
did the same sort of thing,put 300 euros behind my sun visor on holiday late summer and cleaned my car last week and hey presto a euro surprise ,was thinking of a fast cat trip to st malo for a spot of lunch,its a great place to eat,especially when you've just had a euro find:dance:

did the same sort of thing,put 300 euros behind my sun visor on holiday late summer and cleaned my car last week and hey presto a euro surprise ,was thinking of a fast cat trip to st malo for a spot of lunch,its a great place to eat,especially when you've just had a euro find:dance:

L'Entre Deux Varres! :hungry: :wub:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice! :thumbsup:

I have only had that much cash on me once in my life. In fact, it was a lot more - £1,000. It was in an envelope and I was handing it over to a friend of a friend to pay for his trip back to India to meet long-lost family. That was about how much I earned in 10 weeks (with overtime) and was taken from the money that I was saving to go to university.

My parents were very unhappy about it. They had never had that much cash available to them and had had to live with my grandparents for 6 years after the war before they could afford to start their own home. They had visions of the lad running off with the money.

Yes, I was young and trusting - I didn't know the guy very well, I didn't ask for a receipt and I only asked him to match the interest that I would have got from the bank. I told him that if he didn't pay me back, he would be responsible for me not going to university the following year. We shook hands on it, and off he went to book his flight.

That was that. He took my money and ran. I never heard from him again ...

... for months! Then a postcard arrived from India. It was the trip of a lifetime and thanks so much for making it possible etc. The card had taken nearly a month to arrive and was nearly outpaced by its sender. I got a call from him a couple of days later - he was back. His family had given him the money so he repaid his debt and everyone was happy.

I am skint these days, but if I had the money in the bank and another friend of a friend asked to borrow a grand to pay for a holiday, I would be happy to say to them ...

"What do you think I am, a bleedin' bank - get a job and save the money yourself!" :laugh:

Top Bottom