OH NO!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trevrev

Veteran
Got my bike out of the shed this morning, and i had a puncture. In one of my Marathon Plus tyres!
What's that all about!
They've gone downhill. :thumbsup:

You could have mice in the shed ^_^

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
film__3042-the-wicker-man--detail.jpg

Gez73

Veteran
'Resistant' not 'proof' I had a thorn go through one of my M+ tyres. Took ages to extract it as if kept crumbling, I carry a tweezers now and still use M+! Never a good time to discover a 'visit' first thing.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
'Resistant' not 'proof' I had a thorn go through one of my M+ tyres. Took ages to extract it as if kept crumbling, I carry a tweezers now and still use M+! Never a good time to discover a 'visit' first thing.

I think that with M+ because they're so thick the punctures is a slow one. So you'll get home, pop the bike away and never know until hours later.

Best puncture I ever had was when parked up somewhere hot and the thing just exploded. Thought a car had backfired. Went through the conservatory to the garden and realised I had a flat. Had it been in the shed I'd never have known. Moral of the story, keep the bike in the house :thumbsup:

Trull

Über Member
Yep, I managed to kill a M+ with a 15mm sliver of glass, still rode 3miles home on it without having to pump it up though. Very civilised!

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I got an inch-long nail through a M+ tyre once, so yes they're p#######-resistant, not proof.

Speaking of which: one of my local cycling forums***, there were reports this weekend of numerous nails scattered along Yarra Boulevard, in Yarra Bend Park, a very popular cycling road in the inner northeastern suburbs of Melbourne. Unfortunately it's also part of my usual commuting route home, so I think for the next few weeks I'll detour around it :angry:. I'll also be ringing the nearest Police station in that area later this morning, just in case nobody else has, because this kind of behaviiour has to be seriously discouraged!

*** on which I haven't posted in ages, and only read now, due to finding CycleChat far more friendly :smile:.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I got an inch-long nail through a M+ tyre once, so yes they're p#######-resistant, not proof.

Speaking of which: one of my local cycling forums***, there were reports this weekend of numerous nails scattered along Yarra Boulevard, in Yarra Bend Park, a very popular cycling road in the inner northeastern suburbs of Melbourne. Unfortunately it's also part of my usual commuting route home, so I think for the next few weeks I'll detour around it :angry:. I'll also be ringing the nearest Police station in that area later this morning, just in case nobody else has, because this kind of behaviiour has to be seriously discouraged!

*** on which I haven't posted in ages, and only read now, due to finding CycleChat far more friendly :smile:.
We also seem to go through spells like that where people like to spread glass on known cycle routes. Mostly its ineffective but I managed to lose an inner tube to one dusting a month back. Changed the tube, rode about a mile and then got caught by another dusting of glass and ended up walking 5 miles home.

Top Bottom