Oh, the ignominy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Max embarrassment today: just setting out on a ride on the Raleigh pro race this afto; the estate my bud lives on is on the main route through town on way to Cheltenham races so they always turn off the traffic lights at the bottom of his road. We were turning right, my friend nipped across the road but i got caught in the middle of the road, forgot i was clipped in and went A over T!
That's not the embarrassing bit!

My friend, not realising I'd taken a tumble had stopped out of sight further up the road. He told me a lady had stopped her car and told him I'd fallen. Kind lady.

Then he told me what she'd actually said:
"Are you with another cyclist, a MUCH OLDER MAN?" - what a bitch! :smile: :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
The Raleigh okay though?

woodbutcher

Veteran
Yes I'm fine thanks :rolleyes:
lol bike is fine too, as far as I'm aware - did 25 miles on it but I haven't had a chance for a proper fine scrutiny :smile:[/QUOT
Max embarrassment today: just setting out on a ride on the Raleigh pro race this afto; the estate my bud lives on is on the main route through town on way to Cheltenham races so they always turn off the traffic lights at the bottom of his road. We were turning right, my friend nipped across the road but i got caught in the middle of the road, forgot i was clipped in and went A over T!
That's not the embarrassing bit!

My friend, not realising I'd taken a tumble had stopped out of sight further up the road. He told me a lady had stopped her car and told him I'd fallen. Kind lady.

Then he told me what she'd actually said:
"Are you with another cyclist, a MUCH OLDER MAN?" - what a bitch! :smile: :blush:
"She weren't no lady" as they say in Norfolk!

davidphilips

Veteran
thank goodness you are ok, the great thing about 501s they can bounce up just like our selves the poor woman car driver just needs to go to speck savers.

Top Bottom