Oh The Shame...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archeress

Veteran
I had to take a wheel into the LBS to fix a p******e. Try as I might I couldn't get the tyre off of the rim. I have the park tools plastic tyre levers, never had a problem before. Some honour can be recovered from the fact that the bike is my fiances and he has no idea at all on any cycle maintenance. The tyre was the factory fitted tyre on his Carrera Gryphon hybrid, which is a Kenda Kwest. No sense replacing it as he only commutes 1.5 miles each way and the occaisional leisure ride (maybe 1 a month) and the tyre is barely worn in.

Hugs
Archeress x

Leaway2

Lycrist
Hang your head.:laugh:

ShipHill

Some tyres are a lot tighter on the rim than others.
I guess you got one of those.

That's absolutely right.

When I fitted car tyres for a living I loved Michelin. I could almost put them on with my bare hands. Conversely I hated Dunlop. They were so stiff in the sidewall and a right pain to fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
I am stuffed if I get a puncture on the Whyte = Marathon Plus and Disc brakes :ohmy:

vickster

Legendary Member
They scare me...I have never taken the wheel off the Whyte, last time I tried I couldn't get the security nut undone with the special key :blush:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
They scare me...I have never taken the wheel off the Whyte, last time I tried I couldn't get the security nut undone with the special key :blush:
Disk brakes are no problems, Marathons :sweat:
On a recent ride I had a real problem in putting somebody's 29'' mb tyre back on! Found it as slippery as an eel!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I really cannot be bothered with plastic tyre levers - they are a total waste of space. I have two sets of the old school, and if I ever lost them I would go straight on ebay and buy some more. (I believe there's some daft idea that metal ones can damage rims, but I never have, nor have I ever heard of anyone who has.)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
....I believe there's some daft idea that metal ones can damage rims, but I never have, nor have I ever heard of anyone who has.
At this point I should shamefacedly testify to having ruined a rim. Years ago, mind, and I believe it had turned into a battle to the death between me and the tyre.... Something had to give.

Top Bottom