Oh the shame......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
First commute for about 6 weeks due to a sod of a virus I couldn't shift.

I could have crawled up my own arse a couple of times. I was scalped firstly by a bloke on a hybrid (ok... that wasn't sooo bad) but then secondly, going UP hill, by a bloke on a full sus BSO. :blush: :blush:

And to top it all .... I even had to use granny gear for the first time in years!!! I didn't have the guts to have my computer switched on.

*crawls under desk and cries*

How long will it take me to get back to a decent fitness level I wonder. :wacko:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Oh dear - that's not good. You have my sympathies.
Shouldn't take too long, but you probably won't be fully fit by Thursday.
That's not really what you wanted to hear, I suspect...

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

TheDoctor said:
Shouldn't take too long, but you probably won't be fully fit by Thursday.

Depends which year. :blush:

I do have a cunning plan. I'm going to obtain an A line skirt, tan tights, Hushpuppies, cardy and headscarf.

No one will ever know it was me!!! Yay!

dondare

Über Member
snapper_37 said:
First commute for about 6 weeks due to a sod of a virus I couldn't shift.

I could have crawled up my own arse a couple of times. I was scalped firstly by a bloke on a hybrid (ok... that wasn't sooo bad) but then secondly, going UP hill, by a bloke on a full sus BSO. :blush: :blush:

And to top it all .... I even had to use granny gear for the first time in years!!! I didn't have the guts to have my computer switched on.

*crawls under desk and cries*

How long will it take me to get back to a decent fitness level I wonder. :wacko:

It could be that you've not quite shaken the virus yet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:blush::laugh:

robz400 said:
I'd quit. Sorry.

BentMikey said:
Shame, that sucks huh? At least you're cycling again, hope you enjoy that as much as I would in your situation.

I went through two years of this and have only improved recently....at one time I thought I wouldn't be cycling much longer...so im just happy to be out there and not on the tube.

g00se

Veteran
If it's any consolation, I scalped a good number of road bike on my hybrid yesterday and none of them had the sniffles :blush:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

dondare said:
It could be that you've not quite shaken the virus yet.

Nah. Time off the bike + eating too many pies = FBOB :blush: Surprising how a few extra pound make a lot of difference.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My sympathies! This morning I felt as though someone had sneakily removed every ounce of energy in my body as I struggled manfully to try and get any speed up on the bike. There was just nothing there in my legs.

And this is me who cycles 4 days a week, so I have no excuse (other than perhaps coming down with something) :biggrin:

You'll be back in shape in a week or so :biggrin:

Top Bottom