Oh Yes!! Ya Beauty!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've long since ceased to care about kickball sportymans, but even I felt a flicker of national pride on watching the gloveman stop the Serbi-ball from going into the gloveman's net.

The realisation that one of the players on the field was *3* the last time Scotland qualified for a tournament is rather alarming.
HOW DID I BECOME SO OLD, FRANCE 98 WAS LIKE LAST WEEK

Can't wait to go to Wembley. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Assuming the covids have subsided enough to allow the tournament to go ahead and not take place behind closed doors, the atmosphere in Glasgow is going to be electric. First time qualifying for a major tournament in over two decades... at home? :wacko:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Didn’t watch , couldn’t watch as I’m the proverbial jinx plus I get nervous!! Yes I remember 98 WC , the last time we qualified for anything. Have to say we have been putting a team together ! We have goal scorers now !

Drago

Legendary Member
Not wishing to be too sombre at this exciting moment, but they haven't won yet.

I would say 'we' haven't won yet, but while im a scotsman im not playing on the team so can't make any such claim.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Even as an Englishman I was delighted the Scots qualified, but disappointed Northern Ireland missed out. would have been good to have all 4 home nations.
England vs Scotland, echos of Euro96 etc will be a cracking game, and lets hope its in front of a live audience.

I assume its from the last Nations league route, also saw North Macedonia make their debut. Also delighted Hungary beat Iceland, we don't need that banana-skin again and Hungary have some pedigree, albeit mainly in the 1950s.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I happened to watch the second half, extra-time and penalties.

It was a pretty poor game with two mediocre sides. Penalties were well taken though :smile:

View: https://youtu.be/jtjfkEIeXfQ

Good to see Andy Murray get into the spirit of it. 😁

That was a bit more animated than I was. But I did grin when I saw this video from the dressing room afterwards:

View: https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1327023447332057088

As an aside, I would strongly advise against looking at social media about this. Some fans of a certain persuasion think that celebrating a country doing well in a sportsball game is a political stance.

Slick

Guru

:laugh:

Top Bottom