Oh Yes!! Ya Beauty!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When this sort of thing happens, I just find some current pictures of Diego Maradonna.
(But I am English).
He looks pretty good for someone who has allegedly spent much of his life in dissipation.

The equivalent for me is remembering Jim Leighton at France '98 and thinking that it was weird that someone so terribly old was playing international football. I was a teenager then, and am older now than he was then, and I look it :sad:

I don't think I'll be getting a call up any time soon :biggrin:

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's all gone a bit like 1978, which I remember like it was yesterday, when Ally McLeod's troops went for an open top bus tour of Hampden..... BEFORE they had even left for the tournament in Argentina!!! We really were convinced we had a chance of winning the world cup. That didn't end well.
Sorry to put a dampener on this, but all we have done so far is beat Serbia, after extra time and penalties. Yes; SERBIA! Back in the day, a team of that calibre would have been cannon fodder and we would have expected a 5-0 victory :laugh:.

It's all gone a bit like 1978, which I remember like it was yesterday, when Ally McLeod's troops went for an open top bus tour of Hampden..... BEFORE they had even left for the tournament in Argentina!!! We really were convinced we had a chance of winning the world cup. That didn't end well.
Sorry to put a dampener on this, but all we have done so far is beat Serbia, after extra time and penalties. Yes; SERBIA! Back in the day, a team of that calibre would have been cannon fodder and we would have expected a 5-0 victory :laugh:.
Back in the day, Serbia would have come under the umbrella of Yugoslavia, a team who Scotland have never beaten in international competition (although Scotland thumped them once in a friendly). Serbia are far from a diddy team, and this is a significant result.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Back in the day, Serbia would have come under the umbrella of Yugoslavia, a team who Scotland have never beaten in international competition (although Scotland thumped them once in a friendly). Serbia are far from a diddy team, and this is a significant result.
There are no diddy teams as far as Scotland concerned! This however I hope marks a turn around in our fortunes. I do believe it’s more about confidence , however let’s see what tomorrow brings, another win would be good !

That was a bit more animated than I was. But I did grin when I saw this video from the dressing room afterwards:

View: https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1327023447332057088

As an aside, I would strongly advise against looking at social media about this. Some fans of a certain persuasion think that celebrating a country doing well in a sportsball game is a political stance.

Apparently the "... I can Boogie" thing started in 2015. There is talk of getting it in the charts "Fa Shcotland".

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWFGL4kbgVc

Top Bottom