Ohh, what to do.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilMag

Regular
Just looking for opinions and options. First and foremost, I am on quite a tight budget. At present in my bicycle house (or garage, but given the garage has never had a car in it...) there are my three bikes. My 2011 Bianchi road bike, a 2006 Carrera Subway 1.0 and a 2001 (yes,correct, 2001) Trek 4500. All is good with the Bianchi, I get out on this when I can.

The Carrera is basically the kid carrier. It's got a Hamax Siesta on the back for one of the little people. Also it's the bike that gets most use at the moment as I can get out on this with one of the little people under the disguise that he enjoys it (he actually does, so the wife doesn't mind as much as when I bugger off for 3 hours on the ride bike). Mechanically OK, but not great

The Trek is old, frame is good, but the drive train is fu**ed, also the suspension forks are a bit iffy. I really want to get out on the trails around here and Salisbury Plain

So the quandry is this. Given my limited budget, and the fact that I have no more room for bikes do I

a) Keep the Carrera as is with semi slick tyres and fix the Trek and keep purely as an MTB

b) Ditch the Carrera, Do up the MTB and buy a spare set of wheels (to keep slicks on when using as the kid carrier)

Top Bottom