Oisin Tymon not pressing charges. Is this of concern?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piemaster

Legendary Member
I posted this on the Clarkson suspended thread yesterday. So, I appear to have answered your own question before you asked it. No, 745 I think.

I suspect that, for professional reasons, the victim will not wish to press charges. We know what happens to whistleblowers, testifying against a well-known TV presenter would raise the stakes considerably. So, nobberesse oblige, right gives way to shite. Clarkson walks away.

And I hope I'm wrong.
​
Clarkson reported it himself - blew the whistle. Would Oisin Tymon have done it? Dunno - it would only be worthless speculation to do so.
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
Who cares?
 

Tin Pot

Legendary Member
I might mow our lawn as well. I'm also looking forward to Patrick coming back from holiday. I'm missing his culinary posts.

It's getting to that sort of weather isn't it?

I've got a few odds and sods to sort out in the shed.

The mouse that died in their in January, for example.
 

Vapin' Joe

Formerly known as Smokin Joe
If every case involving no more than a split lip went to court the justice system would be overwhelmed. I can't help feeling all the mock outrage over what in the real world is no more than a trivial incident is more to do with anti Clarksonism than anything else.
 

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Location
Armonmy Way
If every case involving no more than a split lip went to court the justice system would be overwhelmed. I can't help feeling all the mock outrage over what in the real world is no more than a trivial incident is more to do with anti Clarksonism than anything else.
I watch Top Gear but, after his super-injunction and his attempt to close public rights of way on his land, his approach to his rights versus other people's rights is clearly purely self-serving. Because of this, I particularly don't want him to be able to ride roughshod over employees rights in the workplace. Also, he's out of control and probably knows it but someone needs to take control. All that's happened is that he's been held to the laws of the land. As we all should be.
 

Tin Pot

Legendary Member
My wife cut the grass this afternoon.

My wife tried on a new dress this evening.

She liked it.
 

DRHysted

Guru
Location
New Forest
The cynic in me wonders about the timing that a fracas occurs with two people who have had previous issues, weeks after one person sells his share of the business to the firm which has him on final warning.
 

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Location
Crewe
The cynic in me wonders about the timing that a fracas occurs with two people who have had previous issues, weeks after one person sells his share of the business to the firm which has him on final warning.
You'd think the conspirators would have set up something a bit more convincing than a strop over not getting Clarkson's din-din in that case though.
 
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Guest
I posted this on the Clarkson suspended thread yesterday. So, I appear to have answered your own question before you asked it. No, 745 I think.

I suspect that, for professional reasons, the victim will not wish to press charges. We know what happens to whistleblowers, testifying against a well-known TV presenter would raise the stakes considerably. So, nobberesse oblige, right gives way to shite. Clarkson walks away.

And I hope I'm wrong.
​

I was wondering the same if he was felt pressured not to pursue.
 
Top Bottom