1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok how do i change the lenses in my cycle glasses?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 8 Sep 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I have a pair of cycle glasses. They say Dolce Vita on them and come with 4 other tints of lenses which are supposed to be interchangeable...thing is I cant interchange them:rolleyes:

Ther ei s no visable mechanism to remove the lenses, and I have pulled , pusehed and bemt the frame as much as i dare.

Any ideas?

2. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I have the same problem with my Mighty glasses. I have looked at the shape of the spare lenses and have tried to pull out on corner in a downward and outward action....but they are flippin' tight....I'm scared of breaking them too...:blush:

3. col

col Veteran

I had a similar problem,until i tried to gently bend the frame away from the lenses,they are plastic and worked for me.

4. Bigtallfatbloke

ok...you two bend yours first and let me know how you get on:biggrin:

5. col

col Veteran

I already have,not by much i might add,but it was enough to free the notch on the edge of the lense.:blush:

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Ok I cracked it!:blush:

...I removed the nose thingyamy jig (soft rubber thing)...then gently pushed the remaining inner nose thingamyjigwotsname inwards and out snapped the lense. I replaced one with orange and the other with yellow...:ohmy:...by inserting the hooked end of the lense then sliding th eother end down the slot in the bit near the nose wotsname until it clicked...so far so good until i see a traffic light ...then i'm f5cked:biggrin:

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Quite the fashion icon are we then big fella ?? :blush:

8. col

col Veteran

Bloody hell,for a second there i thought you meant you cracked the glasses:laugh: