OK so how do I get quicker...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
If the mtb is a Y-frame full suspension, then getting a different bike will add 2-3 mile/h on your average speed without too much trouble.

Alternatively only cycle on days that the wind is behind you. This makes the biggest difference for me.

alci4

if it were me i think i would be looking at giving my self more time and trying to do the total journey at a more comfortable pace to begin with

can only tell you how my mind works but i would feel more satisfied knowing i did the whole commute at a slower pace and as others have said you will be putting the miles in and improving your fitness which in turn should help your speed

i agree with all of those who say you have to enjoy it - time and distance pass quicker that way.

then you have have that smug feeling of exercising your way to work rather than sitting in the car getting miserable and listening to the drivel coming out of the radio (unless you listen to 6 music of course)

good luck and keep with it, it will be worth it.

chewy

Plus one on spending nope time, but doing the whole trip. The sense of achievement will be huge, plus he you do it again in a few days it will probably seem easier too. Break its back, so to speak! :-D

gbb

Legendary Member
if it were me i think i would be looking at giving my self more time and trying to do the total journey at a more comfortable pace to begin with

can only tell you how my mind works but i would feel more satisfied knowing i did the whole commute at a slower pace and as others have said you will be putting the miles in and improving your fitness which in turn should help your speed

Thats important too, dont try and run before you can walk. It'll make the whole experience much better. Although it's not an overnight thing (to get fitter/faster) it does come quicker than you think...but there's no point in going mental at it.

Top Bottom