Ok, this is a weird one!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Weird ailment alert (no nothing like that @Fnaar )... I have an extremely sore and spotty tongue!

I developed a sensitivity to strawberries in the last few years which causes a sore tongue and stuffy nose so I have to unfortunately avoid the fruit, although I seem to be ok with strawberry things like yoghurt.

However,I haven't eaten a strawberry for months, but I did have an underripe mango on Sunday and today I had some dried apricots and almost immediately my tongue went odd and painful!! Underripe bananas can also make my tongue sore. I am very fond of most fruits apart from those nasty green, hairy kiwi things!

Now before I go to the quack for allergy testing, does anyone else suffer from fruit sensitivity?! It seems to be really bad right now :sad: I have been taking strong antibiotics for my leg infection, but stopped those last Thursday, maybe a link?

Cheers for any insight :smile:

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Ok, might have worked this out...grrrrrr

Weeloubylou

Hiya, stop eating them until you have been checked by a doctor as it sounds like you are becoming allergic to them, the last thing you need is to take a full anaphylactic reaction.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Hehehe how do you get that? :tongue:
Taking antibiotics for an infected haematoma following my recent cycling accident and surgery ;)

MikeG

Guru
My first reaction is to suspect glandular fever. Spots on my tongue were the first symptom I had, before the very worst sore throat in all history. Extreme lethargy was the next one. Get to your doctor ASAP.

surfdude

Veteran
i had oral thrush and it lasted 8 months . treatment not nice or very tasty . still comes on regularly so just ignore it now . yeast based products seem to set it off

Ian A

Über Member
I once had hand, foot and mouth disease and went to work with a spotty toungue before it started to come out around my mouth. I have to get children ready for school and nursery in the morning so don't usually look in the mirror or make any attempts to pretty myself up so hadn't spotted it. Luckily my colleagues were nice and tactful about pointing it out ^_^.

Top Bottom