Ok, what's going on...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On a typical sunny evening ride in these parts I typically see, oh, zero young people sitting at the roadside texting. At 20:23 this evening I spotted one young woman doing it. 50 metres down the road, there was another. Another 50 metres on a third, then a fourth, and finally a fifth. I'm really curious to know what made all 5 of them decide to do it at the same time, in the same way!

I wonder if it is the same universal force that controls sheep? I have noticed that rides on the country roads round here either I see no sheep on the verges or they are all over the place wherever I go.

classic33

Leg End Member
How far from bus stops were they, when on the curbs?

roley poley

Über Member
in certain areas Mr dial a drug is 3 mins away on his two up scooter and people queue down the road for delivery hope you live in a nice spot and don't have that passing traffic like some urban sites round me :wacko:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

They were nowhere near bus stops. Four were spread out along the A646 in the centre of Todmorden, and another was round the corner on a side street.

If it had been just one or two I wouldn't have noticed but there were so many at it at the same time - it was weird! :wacko:

If I am out again tomorrow at that time I'll see if they are doing it again.

classic33

Leg End Member
Virgin fibre broadband being installed down there?

Some of the contractors* vehicles have portable WiFi. It's needed for checking before, and whilst they dig. Green vans with a Leeds telephone number on them.

*Heneghan & Sons Ltd, Leeds.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
To be fair, what else is there to do in Tod of an evening? :laugh:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
in certain areas Mr dial a drug is 3 mins away on his two up scooter
Yeah I'd guess this too. Before Covid, I had a friend who I used to visit every few months. He'd sometimes have as many as 4 different people calling round on any given evening to buy weed. Listening to them talking, some of them had often been around to various other people's houses as well to either buy from or smoke with them. Now all that is not allowed, I've heard that it's as easy to place a drugs order by phone as it is to order a curry. The thing that shocked me was, just how many people consumed controlled drugs. I'd often have a conversation with my mate and he's mention a name, and I'd say "how on earth do you know them?" and he'd say they came round with so and so to get weed!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

To be fair, what else is there to do in Tod of an evening? :laugh:
Shop at Morrisons or Lidl to avoid the daytime Covid queues?

My preference is to go out for bike rides in the sunshine when conditions are cooler, sunblock is not needed, and there is less traffic.

The 'Dial-a-dealer' explanation sounds plausible, especially given how much weed smoke I smell when out on local rides these days!

Top Bottom