Ok, what's the problem with red trousers?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Portillo wouldn't say that about red trousers because he wears worse!

At uni a mate used to wear coloured jeans. Pink, orange, red, and a few colours I couldn't recognise! It was just amazing to realise there were such items of apparel available as I'd only seen blue, black and various mixes in between in jeans at the time.

Red trousers are a sign of the older, don't give a shoot generation who grew into adults in the 60s I reckon. Or eccentric younger people or younger people with their own "style". It's OK if that's your taste but you're in the minority which can get unkind responses from people.

You could be right. 1947 vintage, and, I have two pairs of red/maroon jeans. Who gives a sh*t what anybody else thinks? ;)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Nothing wrong with your red trousers Accy

7c985dc85dbbc16e8d7239ddb6414bdf.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Because they're associated with certain types of toff. Think "Tim Nice-bit-dim" 👍

BBC 2013

There's also a blog called 'Look at my f*ck*ng red trousers', but the site rude word filter doesn't let me post the URL.
Exactly this - in my mind they're synonymous with a certain type of smugly detached, opinionated, self-superior, monied bellend - the irony in this case being that they're exactly the sort of clothing I'd expect Clarkson / many politicians to wear :rolleyes:

It's been a "thing" for a few years now. We're seen as being a posh boys indulgence. Only for Sloanes on the range\lash.

https://lookatmyfarkingredtrousers.blogspot.com/

My daughter gave me a pair one Christmas, bright crimson, and dared me to wear them. They look lovely, thanks.

Generally these days anything Clarkson is against, is an indicator of a good thing. The modern reactionary in Levi's.
That's a great blog - although to be fair I think some of those pull them off OK - the old boy at the station rocking the "eccentric academic" look for example.

These on the other hand..

3.png

three+amigos+4.png

:whistle:

While I'm all for expressing one's taste and individuality, I think you also have to be careful of what demographic your dress might lump you in with in the eyes of others.

Also, it might just be that they don't play well with my naturally pale Scandinvian complexion, but objectively I think red trousers just look shite..

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I wore them this afternoon. I don't think they're that red, are they?!🤔

View attachment 663991

@Accy cyclist , if anyone can carry the look off, my money's on you :smile:

Dag Hammar

Accy, serious question and not meant to cause offence. Are those brown shoes too large for your feet as there is some serious creasing going on with the uppers.
And I like the look of your trousers but the shoes just don’t blend : perhaps a darker brown and preferably a brogue would look better matched.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy, serious question and not meant to cause offence. Are those brown shoes too large for your feet as there is some serious creasing going on with the uppers.
And I like the look of your trousers.

No, they are size 10, which is my size. Maybe I should put a pair of shoe trees in them for a while to put them back in shape.🤔

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Top chap ! I’m delighted to learn I‘m not the only gent that uses shoe trees.

Those Loake 1880 boots are a F fitting, which is best suited for my average width feet. I have found that some Loake shoes/boots I've owned have ended up a bit out of shape. Maybe it's their leather which tends to be a bit stiff.🤔 I bought a pair of these
1665359566817.png

1665359614083.png

https://lanxshoes.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/maudsley-tan last December. They are softer than Loake leather and didn't need the month of serious pain breaking in, like Loakes do. So far they have kept their shape very well. Lanx Shoes are only 4 miles from my home. I'm thinking of having a look at these this week. https://lanxshoes.com/collections/mens-shoes/products/shireburn-tan Ok, Lanx Shoes aren't Goodyear Welted, but the company do offer a repair/sole/heel service and I'm not that heavy on my feet to ever really need my Loake welted shoes resoling anyway. If they did I'd probably give them to a charity shop, rather than pay about 50 pounds to send them off to be resoled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom