Old (and good) Albums Re-discovered.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mireystock

SIip-slidin' down Big Pig...
I hadn't played it for years, but I've just listened to 'The Plot Thickens' by Galliano. It's as funky as a funky thing, and had me shaking my rump like an arthritic drake mallard.

Any old albums that you've recently re-discovered the joys of ?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Trans Harmonic Nights - Peter Baumann. Great album.

outlash

also available in orange
Tri Repetae by Autechre I didn't get on with on release but 20 years later I like it much more. That airless, heavily compressed funk sounds they had on that LP was years ahead of it's time.

Tony.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 3719051, member: 259"]801 Live by Brian Eno and Phil Manzanera and assorted cronies.[/QUOTE]
Ah, that just reminded me that I had a Phil Manzanera album years ago named Diamond Head which I have not heard for about 30 years. It has gone the way of all my vinyl, so I will have to see if I can find it on the mighty YouTube. Here you go ...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I played this compilation CD to death about 20 odd years ago...

A_Brief_History_of_Ambient.jpg

...then a few weeks ago i realised that I'd never given it a 2nd thought for well over a decade. I've got it on a cassette in a shoebox somewhere, but popped over to amazon and bought the CD... got it a couple of days later, played it and was transported back to my early twenties.

:music:

Attachments

• A_Brief_History_of_Ambient.jpg
    A_Brief_History_of_Ambient.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 13

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The Great Radio Controversy - Tesla got a play today. I'd forgotten that I had it.

andyfraser

Über Member
Long Cold Winter by Cinderella. I heard Coming Home in a shop for the first time in over decade and popped the album on Spotify on the way home. I'd forgotten how good that album was. I also ignored Stay Hunger by Twisted Sister for far too long too.

andyfraser

Über Member
The Great Radio Controversy - Tesla got a play today. I'd forgotten that I had it.
Good call! I heard Edison's Medicine from Psychotic Supper on Planet Rock last Sunday and went back over early Tesla, including The Great Radio Controversy, again. I listen to Tesla a couple of times a year though so I don't class that as re-discovering them in my case. :smile:

Saluki

Long Cold Winter by Cinderella. I heard Coming Home in a shop for the first time in over decade and popped the album on Spotify on the way home. I'd forgotten how good that album was. I also ignored Stay Hunger by Twisted Sister for far too long too.
I played the whole Still Climbing album earlier today. I'd forgotten how good it was.

Saluki

Good call! I heard Edison's Medicine from Psychotic Supper on Planet Rock last Sunday and went back over early Tesla, including The Great Radio Controversy, again. I listen to Tesla a couple of times a year though so I don't class that as re-discovering them in my case. :smile:
I love Edison's Medicine. It's got me up many a hill has that :smile:

Top Bottom