Old bikes - clearing out a couple of sheds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod1883

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, the reason for joining will become clear....

I've been clearing out a couple of sheds one of which had a number of old bikes stored within.
One is a Raleigh Super Lenton - 1955 based on the frame number (ref this site http://oldroads.com/ra_sn.asp)
another is a Tensor Lazer Custom.
The Raleigh was my first proper bike in the early 1970's, bought for me by my Father. I recall doing a lot of miles on that bike. I'm not sure where the Tensor came from.
Both need work - the Raleigh especially. I vaguely recall starting to fit a new bottom bracket many many years ago, but never completed getting the bike back on the road. The bike needs a complete restoration.
Would there be any interest in such bikes?

There is also a folding WWII Paratroop bike which is in a bit of a state with lots of surface rust. It had been used by my Father in the late 1950's as his transport around Portsmouth whilst in the Navy. He even fitted a Cyclemaster engine powered rear wheel - which I also still have. I intend to preserve rather than restore the paratroop bike.

Thanks for reading.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Welcome mate. I'm sure I'm not the only person who will be eager to see some pictures when you can. There's plenty of people who can give their collective wisdom if you get stuck.

OP
OP
Rod1883

Rod1883

Thanks
I'll try to post a couple of pictures in the next day or two.
All the bikes are under a tarpaulin whist I dismantle the existing sheds that are in a bit of a state and then replace with a new one.
I'll drag them out and photograph as soon as I am able.

robsa

Über Member
Lentons are to my knowledge quite sort after. Now the paratrooper bike. We talking ridiculous amount is possible if the re-enactment walts get wind of it.

U

User42423

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, the reason for joining will become clear....

I've been clearing out a couple of sheds one of which had a number of old bikes stored within.
One is a Raleigh Super Lenton - 1955 based on the frame number (ref this site http://oldroads.com/ra_sn.asp)
another is a Tensor Lazer Custom.
The Raleigh was my first proper bike in the early 1970's, bought for me by my Father. I recall doing a lot of miles on that bike. I'm not sure where the Tensor came from.
Both need work - the Raleigh especially. I vaguely recall starting to fit a new bottom bracket many many years ago, but never completed getting the bike back on the road. The bike needs a complete restoration.
Would there be any interest in such bikes?

There is also a folding WWII Paratroop bike which is in a bit of a state with lots of surface rust. It had been used by my Father in the late 1950's as his transport around Portsmouth whilst in the Navy. He even fitted a Cyclemaster engine powered rear wheel - which I also still have. I intend to preserve rather than restore the paratroop bike.

Thanks for reading.

I agree with Tony Raynor, a few images would go down a treat.......looking forward to seeing them.

OP
OP
Rod1883

Rod1883

Sorry for the long delay - had a dose of flu like something for the last week.
Here are a few pictures, not the best quality perhaps, but enough to see the bikes.
The folding Paratroop bike, followed by the Super Lenton, and Athena, and the Tensor Lazer Custom.

The Seafire picture was taken at the Goodwood Revival this year.
WIN_20151018_103159.JPG
WIN_20151018_103306.JPG
WIN_20151018_103414.JPG
WIN_20151018_103523.JPG

Top Bottom