Old bikes - clearing out a couple of sheds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rod1883

Rod1883

Are any of these bikes for sale?
Yes, possibly.
Certainly the Tensor if anyone wants it.
The Paratroop bike definitely not. I intend to give it a wipe over, preserve it as it is with a light coating of something to prevent further deterioration and then maybe show it occasionally at local shows.
Having seen the enthusiasm on here for old classic bikes I might see if there is somewhere around me that would restore the Super Lenton, and give the Athena a tidy up too.
Does anyone know of a good classic bike restorer in/near West Sussex?

U

User42423

Sorry for the long delay - had a dose of flu like something for the last week.
Here are a few pictures, not the best quality perhaps, but enough to see the bikes.
The folding Paratroop bike, followed by the Super Lenton, and Athena, and the Tensor Lazer Custom.

The Seafire picture was taken at the Goodwood Revival this year.
View attachment 107274 View attachment 107275 View attachment 107276 View attachment 107277

Well, what a nice selection of older cycles. The 1st one being a 1940s BSA 'airborne' folder (official) title is the most valuable. The other 3 are all within the same sort of price value.

scarygerbil

was that the small one like a scooter or this one?
PARA_CYCLEMASTER_10[1].jpg

OP
OP
Rod1883

Rod1883

That is a Cyclemaster motorised wheel in, I think, a "normal" folding airborne bike.
That is exactly the combination my Father used to get around Portsmouth when he was in the Navy in the 1950's.
I still have the Cyclemaster wheel too, the registration was JOR300 which I transferred to a car in the 80's and now have on retention. The wheel was given an age related non transferable number.

OP
OP
Rod1883

Rod1883

Sorry everyone for bringing this old thread back up again.
Nearly a year has passed and little has been achieved with the bikes - other priorities etc., etc.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to say that if anyone wants the Tensor Lazer Custom as a project for themselves, or perhaps a youngster, then it is free to collector.
I'm in West Sussex, halfway between Arundel and Pulborough, about 12 miles from Chichester, 15 miles from Worthing.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorry everyone for bringing this old thread back up again.
Nearly a year has passed and little has been achieved with the bikes - other priorities etc., etc.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to say that if anyone wants the Tensor Lazer Custom as a project for themselves, or perhaps a youngster, then it is free to collector.
I'm in West Sussex, halfway between Arundel and Pulborough, about 12 miles from Chichester, 15 miles from Worthing.

nice bit of karma

Top Bottom