"old fart travelling gently"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenjubb

Über Member
oh dear, are you happy and not hurting anyone else. If you answer Yes and No then stuff what anyone else thinks and enjoy yourself.

Life's too short.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
60 is a bit on the young side for the Cheam and Morden, and a lot on the young side for the Midweek Wayfarers. You can go out with them if you promise to behave, not chew gum and be respectful to your elders.

Davidc

Guru
Two and a half years to go until I reach youngoldbloke's citical age, no intention of stopping cycling until I'm too weak to get my leg over (as it were)! Not as fast as I was since a load of extra arteries arrived in my chest, but I'm still faster than many of a much more tender age.

Don't wear lycra - don't like the feel of it - ordinary clothes round town and cheapish 'sports kit' on longer rides. I don't care if it isn't the height of fashion on a bike, comfort comes first.

Two bikes I'm happy with, a slicked mtb and a steel tourer, and I've started making the right noises to persuade the family that what I really want for my 60th is another bike. A Surly is the target. It'll take me the next two years but I'm sure I'll get them to understand the n+1 principle in time.

Met a man celebrating his 90th last year. He was pedalling uphill on a recumbent trike, enjoying himself, and probably fitter than many a 70 year old.

Top Bottom