Old frame/dual pivot brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You can drill out the frame easy enough, if you're not squeamish.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I found some "traditional-fitting" ones from Tektro a couple of years ago. If I can find details, I'll add them here.

Yep. R359.

Last edited:

Bodhbh

Guru
This from Diacompe? I got some for my R20. They are miles better than the stock brakes, but still not that great compared to the discs on everything else.

Colin_P

Guru
This from Diacompe? I got some for my R20. They are miles better than the stock brakes, but still not that great compared to the discs on everything else.

I fitted a shiny shiny pair of those to my old Peugeot which is a 700c frame, so on an old 27" frame fitted with 700c wheels they'd work very wel. They also work perfectly with the old Weinman brake levers fitted suicide extensions. Very powerful powerful braking.

I did need to use V-brake blocks though to get the correct alignment on the rim.

Colin_P

Guru
[QUOTE 5188376, member: 43827"]I'm replacing 27" wheels with 700c. These look just the job :okay:[/QUOTE]

Yes they will, nuts and a big big drop !

Here is the rear on my old Pug (when I was building things up)...

upload_2018-3-20_23-35-1.jpeg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It's easy to drill out the back of the fork to 8mm to take a sleeve nut (note you only need to drill out the back) but I wouldn't drill out the rear bridge, what you do is use a 2nd front caliper on the back. The bolt is then long enough to get a 'nylock' nut on.

Top Bottom