Old git with old bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Hello fellow chatterers, first let me introduce you to the important personalities in reverse date order:-
2000 Mercian Vincitore touring
mid 60's Holdsworth Hurricane
1961 Flying Scot Continental
1960 Jensen Super Professional
1954 Hill Special (Billy Hill prototype, frame No 3 of 4 made) Single speed flip flop
1951 Hercules (Kestrel?) Path racer

Somewhat less important
1951 home made biped, called Robert showing signs of age. 2 speed (dead slow and stop) not so much flip flop as just plain floppy. Retired from a life time of working on/riding/building/selling bikes. Recently upgraded with an I.C.D.:training: Had own bike shop for 15 years till I realized that it won't be long before a bike needs plugged into a computer for a diagnostic faultfind :wacko: :whistle:
Been lingering and like the atmosphere on this site friendly helpful and inclusive so took the plunge and enlisted! So hello everyone

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: rbreid and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

With all your bikes, all your knowledge and all your experience, you'll fit in here right away ! ^_^

Do you (just) cycle for pleasure now - or is it still a bit tortuous ? :unsure:

OP
OP
rbreid

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Hi Scoosh, thanks for the welcome. No more 80 to 100 mile days averaging 18mph anymore. 30 miles is about the limit at circa 10 to 12mph and a coffee shop halfway is essential!!! Maybe 4 times a week but I still love being out on the bikes.

OP
OP
rbreid

rbreid

Old git on old bikes
Thanks all. My Avatar is the Flying Scot. Got to figure out how to put pics in posts from my computer:wacko:
I'll get on it now. Be patient please:surrender:

Attachments

• DSCF0401 (250x167) (2).jpg
    DSCF0401 (250x167) (2).jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 77

Booyaa

Veteran
Welcome along mate.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thanks all. My Avatar is the Flying Scot. Got to figure out how to put pics in posts from my computer:wacko:
I'll get on it now. Be patient please:surrender:
You need a minimum amount of posts to be able to post pictures on here for spam reasons. you can use a web hosting site in the meantime, like flickr

Top Bottom