Old members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Don’t remember them, have you made them up? :laugh:
Certainly not.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is just a website, it’s not a community.
To those of you who spend too much time just posting and not enough time meeting other members and doing fantastic rides with them! :okay:

I have met and ridden with hundreds of CC members, some of them scores of times. I'd say the 'failure rate' (i.e. "I hope that idiot never turns out on another of my rides!") has been about 1%, which is a much better rate than I experience in the non-CycleChat part of my life!

stephec

Legendary Member
During then night of the long knives in the old politics forum we lost some good posters not all I agreed with but they were interesting, I can't remember all the names, one was an ex railway man, was one called Naturist from somewhere in Wales, one who had Frank Zappa as an avatar and of course Reg.
Nigel the naturist?

D

Deleted member 1258

I’d forgotten about him.

And I had.

classic33

Leg End Member
(Uncle) Mort was a decent bloke. He left after the big exodus, too, I believe.

Magnatom was another Scottish CCer. I stayed with him in Glasgow when I did Pedal for Scotland a dozen or so years ago. In fact I met of LOT of decent members that weekend: one or two are still around.
The incident with the tanker seemed to finish his involvement on here. He's another who set up his own site. And a strong advocate of camera use. He managed to get FirstBus to listen to his point of view about cyclist needing more room from buses.

TTcycle, another wedding
Rhythm Thief

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
During then night of the long knives in the old politics forum we lost some good posters not all I agreed with but they were interesting, I can't remember all the names, one was an ex railway man, was one called Naturist from somewhere in Wales, one who had Frank Zappa as an avatar and of course Reg.
Cycling Naturalist, I believe. He was Patrick Stevens for most of the time he was here, and as one of the original exodus from C+ here from the beginning. He just stopped posting with no row or flounce and those are the ones I often wonder about. OldRoadman is another.

The ones who storm off in a huff are nearly always the ones you are glad to see the back of anyway, picking up their ball and running home in tears because people dare to hold a different view to them. I think many of that type have serious issues and really do believe their absence will cause wailing and anguish amongst us all, rather than the laughter and P taking a good flounce always gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom