Old newby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everyone. I got interested in bikes at a young age, mainly because my Dad used to race. In 1939 he was Kent National pursuit Champion N.C.U. Ordered his alloy frame from France and had Raleigh outfit it was fixed wheel he had a box full of gears that he could calculate the terrain for each course Brooks gave him there new racing saddle.to try , he told them to shove it (you know where Lol!!) Derailleurs he called dismal failures. He was to enter the Tour de France but WW2 canceled that . he never raced again. His bike was destroyed in the Kent floods in 1953. A few years later with Dads help I put his box of fixed gears to good use fixing and selling bikes. Many years later after moving to Vancouver, Canada I found myself fixing bikes for the street people It was very rewarding. I also designed and built cargo buggies for them that could carry 200 lbs without any side sway. upon my return to the UK I messed around with gears and repairing damaged wheels . I found a Daewoo frame (not sure what model or year ) built it with spare parts I had lying around It's one of the best bikes I've ridden I dismantled it to polish the frame and there it sits. hopefully this site will give me incentive to get my shoot together. Hope I havent bored you to death Lol!!

U

User32269

:welcome: from Liverpool. . . . . . . . "dismal failures" I like that!
Get your bike back together, springs here!

Top Bottom