Old school I know, but how do they work ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
But wot about the crank bolts
how can we reply when they have bolted !

U

User482

I'm more inclined to believe the wiki version. Discovered by Abel Tasman , a Dutchman. New Zealand, named Nova Zeelandia by Dutch cartographers after the Dutch province of Zeeland, later anglicised to New Zealand by Captain Cook..

Speaking of Cook, he named Doubtful Sound because he wasn't sure if it was navigable. In any case, it's actually a fjord.

Norm

I'm more inclined to believe the wiki version. Discovered by Abel Tasman , a Dutchman. New Zealand, named Nova Zeelandia by Dutch cartographers after the Dutch province of Zeeland, later anglicised to New Zealand by Captain Cook..
Whilst technically correct, it doesn't affect CoffeeJo's answer which was to the question "Where is Zealand" rather than "How did New Zealand get its name" ;)

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
One of lifes mysteries. Like :- how does a bee fly when by all the laws of flight, it cant

For many years, people tried to understand animal flight using the aerodynamics of airplanes and helicopters. Douglas L. Altshuler from the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena found in a new study that honeybees compensate for short wingstrokes by beating their wings faster. This generates aerodynamic forces every time the wings change direction that create the requisite lift required for flight.

It was our understanding of the requirement for flight which was the issue, not that the bee could not fly :biggrin:

Top Bottom