Old Sporting Cyclist magazines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A good friend of mine was moving and asked if I had any use for some old "Sporting Cyclists" magazines My group were not interested and I could find no other groups locally willing to take them and it seems a shame to throw them away. There are 24 editions in total dating from August 1957 to June 1961 but of course, not every month's edition during that time span.

If anyone wants them, no charge other than postage and they can be picked up in person from Upminster, in the east of Greater London. Please let me know if you are interested. Copy of the front page of one of them, attached.

Jeff (Havering Cyclists, representing the London Borough of Havering as part of the London Cycling Campaign)

Attachments

• Sporting Cyclist May 1961 front page.jpeg
    Sporting Cyclist May 1961 front page.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 3

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Cycling UK or local history society might have an interest perhaps. Would be a shame if they weren't kept.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cycling Weekly often run "from the archives" stories. This implies that they actually do have an archive. So it could be that they might be interested in them and actually make use of them.

Or maybe not. Who knows.

I remember trying to get rid of nearly a decade's worth of old New Scientist magazines once. I thought some schools might be interested. They weren't. :sad:

Top Bottom