Old wives/traditional remedies. Any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrichorwheels

Kiss it better.
Saliva holds someting that cleans and heals.

How many times have you tried that line?

Petrichorwheels

Arnica cream or tea for bruises. very good.

Have no idea about the efficacy of arnica. In my entire life only ever remember it coming up once. Some woman enticed me into a conversation about bum thrashing and suggested that the arnica would be good afterwards. Have no idea - didn',t road test either activity or substance with her.

What does the arnica actually do?

What the fark is arnica?

Petrichorwheels

You could try someone else’s and report back for us if you don’t mind :stop:

I confess to cyclechat that have never tried my own, and won't be, so am afraid there will be no control. As for any other experiments in this arena, maybe best to draw a veil/tarp over them.

DRM

Guru
Makes you speculate what Putin does.

I think he definitely doesn’t touch door knobs and has a personal food taster, I’ll wager he stays away from upstairs windows too, especially the really high ones!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
When pregnant with child 1, Mrs B suffered morning sickness quite badly. We went to a herbalist in Chinatown, Manchester for help. The concoction she produced smelled fowl when boiled, but it worked. We don't know if it was psychological, coincidence, or an actual effect, but it worked.
When we were in Egypt some years ago, I got an (let's be polite) an "upset stomach". The Dr prescribed leaving my shirt on for 5 minutes when going into our air-conditioned room and 7Up! The former he said because the cold of the air con after the heat of outside caused the body to react to the much cooler air, whereas leaving a shirt on allowed the body to cool down a little more gradually. The latter he said had a different chemical content to Coke or the outwardly more similar Sprite, which would help settle things down. A couple of days later I was back to normal.

Last edited:

Petrichorwheels

Chief Scout I believe, well he was years ago when I was involved, was quite a controversial appointment back in the day, I think he still is in the job

What would baden powell have made of this?
Mind you he was a notorious racist.
So power to the piss drinkers.

Petrichorwheels

Scouting for boys is something of an interesting read, very much of it’s time, it reads more like a Harry Enfield & Paul Whitehouse Mr Cholmondley-Warner sketch

There was an ancient bp book i remember finding in the school library and skim reading. Is that the book that cautions in suitably decorous language good enough for our mods about the perils of masturbation?

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
When pregnant with child 1, Mrs B suffered morning sickness quite badly. We went to a herbalist in Chinatown, Manchester for help. The concoction she produced smelled foil when boiled, but it worked. We don't know if it was psychological, coincidence, or an actual effect, but it worked.
When we were in Egypt some years ago, I got an (let's be polite) an "upset stomach". The Dr prescribed leaving my shirt on for 5 minutes when going into our air-conditioned room and 7Up! The former he said because the cold of the air con after the heat of outside caused the body to react to the much cooler air, whereas leaving a shirt on allowed the body to cool down a little more gradually. The latter he said had a different chemical content to Coke or the outwardly more similar Sprite, which would help settle things down. A couple of days later I was back to normal.
Given the foregoing discussion on urine as a remedy I thought when mentioned your shirt I thought that may have been a typo :laugh:

Top Bottom